Vikram Saluja enlivens Shyamal and Bhumika showApril 1st, 2008 - 12:10 am ICT by admin
By Shweta Thakur
Mumbai, March 31 (IANS) There was a surfeit of pink in the collection showcased by designer duo Shyamal and Bhumika - even the black sherwani and churidar model-turned-actor Vikram Saluja wore at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Monday had a pink piping. However, the actor’s presence had an enlivening effect on the audience in the otherwise dull evening.
“My outfit has a regal touch and I really liked it. Shyamal and Bhumika are my friends and it was a wonderful experience walking the ramp for them,” Vikram told IANS after the show.
Commenting on the line, Shyamal said: “Our collection is called as the Big Winter and we believe that winters are going to be pink this time. So all are outfits have pink colour in some or the other way.”
Apart from pink, the colour palette had hues like magenta, rust, mustard, purple, blue, olive, black and green.
“We have extensively used intricate embroidery, which is in sync with our motto to take India to the world. And our country is known for beautiful embroidery work,” he added.
On the offer were multi panelled embroidery tunics teamed with vibrant solid colour cigarette pants, tunics, dresses with pleated yokes, multi panelled kalidars, empire line dresses, sequined neutral tops worn over heavily embellished silk trousers and hand made silk stoles.
This apart, there were patched brocade waistcoats, structured jackets, velvet jackets with embroidered sleeves and neckline, angarkhas, embroidered salwar and bandhgalas, silk shirts, waistcoats denims and silk churidars for both men and women.
The line was adorned using techniques like zardozi, chikankari, marori work, aari work, beadwork, piping details and tassels.
The fabrics used were - velvet, brocade, silk, hand woven, crepe, georgette and zari brocade.
The five-day extravaganza, on at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), ends April 2.
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
- Honoured to be part of 'Midnight's Children': Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Sep 13, 2012
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Manish Malhotra concludes Bridal Week in style - Nov 03, 2010
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Fahad Hussayn steals show at Pakistan Bridal Week (With Images) - Dec 20, 2011
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- It's music time at LFW with Salim-Sulaiman, Sunidhi on ramp - Sep 20, 2010
Tags: actor vikram, brocade, churidars, colour palette, crepe georgette, denims, dull evening, embroidery work, empire line dresses, lakme fashion week, neckline, pink piping, saluja, sherwlfw, shyamal, silk hand, silk shirts, surfeit, thakur