Vienna to stage most comprehensive retrospective of Alfred Hitchcock’s worksNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:39 am ICT by admin
“A quarter of a century after his death, Alfred Hitchcock is still the most famous director of all time,” Variety quoted the Museum, as stating.
The first part of the retrospective runs December 1 to January 4, and will showcase the helmer’s films till 1947, including pics such as the 1925 British-German co-production “The Pleasure Garden,” “The 39 Steps” (1935), “Sabotage” (1936), “Rebecca” (1940) and “Shadow of a Doubt” (1943).
This will be followed by the second part which runs Jan. 5-Feb. 4 and includes both film and television works from 1948 on, including such classics as “Dial M for Murder” (1954), “Vertigo” (1958), “North by Northwest” (1959), “Psycho” (1960) and “The Birds” (1963).
Vienna’s Sigmund Freud Museum will also pay its tribute to the Legend by presenting the film installation “Phoenix Tapes” by Christoph Girardet and Matthias Mueller, which includes edited excerpts from 40 Hitchcock films arranged in six sections that reveal the director’s dark obsessions and techniques. (ANI)
- Anthony Hopkins to play Hitchcock - Dec 08, 2011
- Anthony Hopkins To Play Alfred Hitchcock On Big Screen? - Jan 23, 2011
- Hopkins likely to play Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Jessica Biel to play Vera Miles - Mar 22, 2012
- Anthony Hopkins Might Enact The Role Of Alfred Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Grace Kelly's exclusive dresses on display in London - Jul 16, 2010
- Anthony Hopkins in talks to play Alfred Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Original score from Alfred Hitchcock's 'Psycho' on sale for $75K - Mar 14, 2011
- 'Hitchcock' role came to Hopkins years ago - Jul 16, 2012
- Hitchcock film screened after 80 years - Sep 22, 2011
- Miller to play Tippi Hedren - Dec 05, 2011
- 'Chinatown' listed the greatest movie ever - Oct 25, 2010
- Sigmund Freud may have had Adolf Hitler painting - Feb 13, 2010
- What makes the Ultimate Horror Movie? - Oct 29, 2010
- Vertigo - hangs on a prayer, not plot (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: 39 steps, alfred hitchcock, artistic genius, dark obsessions, film installation, hitchcock films, hollywood factory, hollywood film, magnificent contribution, matthias mueller, north by northwest, pleasure garden, retrospective, shadow of a doubt, sigmund freud museum, six sections, television works, tribute to the legend, vertigo 1958, vienna