Vidya wants to work with Hrithik, SRKMay 16th, 2012 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 16 (IANS) After giving solo blockbusters “The Dirty Picture” and “Kahaani”, Vidya Balan has draw up a wish list of male co-stars. She wants to work with actors like Abhishek Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan and Prosenjit Chatterjee.
“I would like to work with those who I have already worked with and those who I haven’t. I would love to pair with Abhishek (with whom she was seen in ‘Paa’)… It’s been long. I am very greedy to work with good actors and directors,” she said at the release of the DVD of her film “Kahaani” here Wednesday.
“Kahaani”, a thriller directed by Sujoy Ghosh, is about a pregnant woman’s difficult journey to find her husband’s killer.
The actress said she would like to work with Hritik because she hasn’t worked with him.
Talking about Bengali superstar Prosenjit, she said: “We have been wanting to work together for a long time. Every year there has been talks about a Bengali film but we have not been able to work out the dates. So this year, Sujoy has said he will make a film with both of us. We are on a lookout for a good script. If everything happens, we will make it work.”
Vidya said she would love to team up with Shah Rukh in a romantic flick.
“I think I grew up watching all his films where he plays the ultimate romantic hero. When you think of romance you think of Rajesh Khanna and Shah Rukh Khan. These are the names that are foremost on my mind.
“Every woman wants a Raj (SRK’s character in ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’). That’s why I have always wanted to work with him. Whenever we work together, I would like it to be a nice relationship story,” she said.
If “The Dirty Picture” is remade in Bengali with item girl Rakhi Sawant, how will the latter fare?
Vidya said: “I have seen Rakhi a lot, so I think she is a lot of masti. I am waiting to see what she does in the film.”
- Playing pregnant woman was cakewalk for Vidya - Jan 11, 2012
- Shah Rukh wants to work with Vidya - Jan 15, 2012
- Women-centric films reflect changing society: Vidya - May 30, 2012
- Vidya true successor of Aamir: Kashyap (Movie Snippets) - Mar 11, 2012
- Meet Vidya Balan's hero in 'Kahaani' - Mar 13, 2012
- 'Aladdin' flopped as I failed to tell a story: Sujoy Ghosh - Feb 10, 2012
- Vidya played choosy before saying yes for 'Kahaani' - Feb 16, 2012
- Vidya Balan plans 'dirty dancing' post-break - Feb 27, 2012
- Delighted to see filmmakers reviving Bengali culture: Rituparna - Mar 31, 2012
- Wrong to exploit Mr. Bachchan's love: Sujoy Ghosh - Feb 08, 2012
- I'll definitely marry, but not thinking about it now: Vidya - Jan 06, 2012
- Will Vidya stike gold again with 'Kahaani'? (IANS Preview) - Mar 05, 2012
- Vidya Balan is now 'Bombaat Balan' - Nov 25, 2011
- Vidya's 'Kahaani' enters third week, still going strong - Mar 24, 2012
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi upset (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, bengali film, co stars, dilwale dulhania le jayenge, flick, ghosh, hrithik roshan, hritik, lookout, masti, mumbai, pregnant woman, raj, rajesh khanna, rakhi sawant, relationship story, romantic hero, shah rukh khan, superstar, vidya balan