Vidya happy she’s not linked to Arshad (Film snippets)November 8th, 2008 - 10:33 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 8 (IANS) Vidya Balan is quite relieved nowadays as she has been spared of a link-up with her co-star Arshad Warsi with whom she is shooting for “Ishkiyan”.”Vidya is happy that this time the media will not be able to link her with her co-star. Arshad is her good friend and he is happily married with two kids. So she is glad that she will be spared any link-ups this time,” a source said.
The two are shooting in Wai for Vishal Bharadwaj’s “Ishkiyan”. In the past, Vidya has been linked to all her co-stars including Shahid Kapur, Sanjay Dutt and John Abraham. She was also linked to Sajid Khan, who directed her in Akshay Kumar- starrer “Heyy Babby”.
Vidya is having a wonderful time shooting in Wai. Unlike other actors who prefer to stay inside their vanity vans between the shots, Vidya loves spending time with nature.
A source said: “Vidya loves to be in a natural environment. She enjoys nature walks in between shots. She finds the entire experience absolutely soothing.”
‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!’ based on ‘Super thief Devender’
Director Dibakar Banerjee’s second film “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!”, about a thief, is based on the real life story of well-known thief Devender alias Bunty, who is currently awaiting his trial.
In the film Abhay Deol plays the thief and his character has an uncanny resemblance to Bunty, who, the police said, was addicted to burglaries. Abhay’s modus operandi is to outsmart people and policemen with his sharp mind and wit. His character in the film is smitten by the lifestyle of rich and affluent families in Delhi.
Though Banerjee denies a straight lift of the plot from Bunty’s life, he says that he researched a lot about criminals’ minds from news clippings and TV shows to make the film realistic.
Bunty was allegedly involved in over 500 cases of burglaries, house thefts and auto thefts in Chennai, Bangalore, Chandigarh, and Delhi and was caught in 2002.
Farhan’s acting in ‘Rock On’ was pitch-perfect: Shabana Azmi
For veteran actress Shabana Azmi, filmmaker-turned-actor Farhan Akhtar’s performance, was pitch-perfect - a title that she would otherwise give only to actors Balraj Sahni and Paresh Rawal.
“Farhan took me by surprise with his performance in ‘Rock On’. He was pitch-perfect,” Shabana, who is married to Farhan’s father, writer-poet Javed Akhtar, told IANS.
Having said that, the actress clarified that she did not mean to say that Farhan is a perfect actor, but his performance in the film was on a par with renowned actor Balraj Sahni’s acting in “Garam Hawa” (1973) as well as with comedian Paresh Rawal’s acting in “Sir” (1993).
“Look at the stuff he is made of. I was astonished. His body language is great on screen. We knew he knew how to play a bit of the guitar but didn’t know of his craze for rock music,” said Shabana.
- Super chor 'Bunty' arrested in Bhopal, police confirm - Jan 16, 2012
- Rajnikant to hold special 'Robot' screening for Bachchans (Movie snippets) - Oct 04, 2010
- Vidya should avoid pitfall of doing central parts: Shabana - Mar 21, 2012
- Change of wardrobe for Abhay Deol in 'Aisha' - Aug 01, 2010
- IPTA to pay tribute to A.K.Hangal - Aug 26, 2012
- Bollywood salutes A.K. Hangal - Aug 26, 2012
- 'Brothers in Political Theatre' revisits India's Socialist stage, culture - Apr 13, 2012
- The Super Thief Bunty To Enter Bigg Boss House In Season 4 - Jul 24, 2010
- Shah Rukh's 'Don 2' is a cool thriller (IANS Hindi Movie Review) - Dec 24, 2011
- 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects' shooting to start at year-end: Nandy - Jun 07, 2012
- Shabana, Dr No, is a perfectionist: Javed Akhtar - Dec 11, 2011
- The con is on in Bollywood! - May 18, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: A Phantasmagoria Of Events - Nov 04, 2010
- Teetotaller Vidya does the drunken act for 'Ishqiya' - Jan 08, 2010
- I've always aimed for commercial success: Dibakar (Movie Snippets) - Apr 14, 2012