Vidya Balan open to doing Southern moviesDecember 11th, 2011 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 11 (IANS) Actress Vidya Balan says she won’t mind working in southern language movies if she comes across a good script.
“If I get a good script, I would be more than happy to work in Telugu, or a Tamil or a Malayalam film…I’ve got many scripts and offers over the year, but nothing really exciting so far,” Vidya said during a chat on AirtelTalk2Me.
Meanwhile, the 33-year-old is riding high on the success of her new film “The Dirty Picture”, an unofficial biopic of Southern sex siren Silk Smitha. Vidya is earning rave reviews for her bold performance in the film.
The actress is now gearing up for her next, “Kahani”, in which she plays a six months pregnant woman who comes from London to Kolkata in search for her missing husband.
Directed by Sujoy Ghosh, the film will release in March next year.
- 'The Dirty Picture' not one day wonder, cash registers ringing - Dec 04, 2011
- Vidya Balan plans 'dirty dancing' post-break - Feb 27, 2012
- I want to believe it, says Vidya on first National Award - Mar 07, 2012
- I wasn't uncomfortable with bold scenes: Vidya - Aug 30, 2011
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- Vidya played choosy before saying yes for 'Kahaani' - Feb 16, 2012
- Vidya in bolder avatar in 'Dirty Picture' - Feb 03, 2011
- Balki to shoot his next with Big B at year-end (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi upset (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi depressed - Jul 06, 2012
- Simpleton to sexy siren: Vidya Balan goes ooh la la! - Aug 31, 2011
- 'Dirty Picture' in Kannada excites Veena Mallik - May 24, 2012
- I'm not ready to make wedding album: Vidya Balan - Aug 03, 2011
- Sujoy Ghosh wishes Vidya Happy B'day - Jan 01, 2012
- No one could get dirtier than 'The Dirty Picture': Vidya Balan - Dec 08, 2011