Vidya Balan learns to drive, thanks to Vishal Bharadwaj (Bollywood Snippets)October 26th, 2008 - 12:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) After making sure Saif Ali Khan learnt the typical Uttar Pradesh dialect for “Omkara”, filmmaker Vishal Bharadwaj forced actress Vidya Balan to overcome her road phobia for a driving scene in his next movie “Ishqiya”.”Vidya has an acute road phobia. She was petrified at the thought of driving earlier, but not any more,” said a source close to the film.
“Driving a car was something completely alien to her. But Vishal saw to it that she mastered the art and now is pretty comfortable manoeuvring her car on the road,” the source added.
The filmmaker is known to be particular about making his actors learn the required skills in reality rather than making them pretend on screen.
‘Hema Malini’s Vijayaraje Scindia look decided in 48 hours’
It took fashion designer Neeta Lulla just 48 hours of hard work to decide the right look for Bollywood ‘dream girl’ Hema Malini’s forthcoming venture “Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi” in which she plays erstwhile Gwalior queen Vijayaraje Scindia.
“Actually we both had time constraints so I had to work round-the-clock to give Hemaji the look of the Rajmata. I did my own research and Hemaji also gave me a reference book, which helped me a lot,” said Lulla.
Lulla is the one who gave Aishwarya Rai the ethereal look in Ashutosh Gowarikar’s period drama “Jodhaa Akbar”. She was also behind Hema Malini’s refreshing look in Ravi Chopra’s “Baghban”.
“I tried to give her a different look in ‘Baghban’ and people loved the way she looked in the film. Hope people will like it this time too,” the designer added.
Being directed by Gulbahar Singh, “Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi” went on floors recently and is being produced by the Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Smriti Trust.
Katrina dominates ‘Yuvvraj’ posters
Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif seems to be the shining star of the hoardings of Subhash Ghai’s forthcoming film “Yuvvraj”, with the male actors - Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor and Zayed Khan - taking a backseat.
“Katrina is considered to be a lucky mascot for her directors and Subhash is confident that Katrina will bring luck for him too,” a source close to the project said.
The filmmaker apparently chose to give Katrina such a prominent spot to let her know that she has earned her rightful place in the film.
“Katrina has done a fabulous job in ‘Yuvvraj’ and Subhash has witnessed the dedication with which Katrina has worked in the film. Hence the solo hoarding,” the source added.
- Aishwarya Rai is today's 'dreamgirl', says Hema Malini - Jul 13, 2009
- Vijayraje Scindia role required preparation: Hema Malini - Oct 16, 2008
- I always wanted to do double role: Vidya Balan (With Image) - May 24, 2012
- Dual roles back in B-town: One ticket, double mazaa - Jun 20, 2012
- Scindia kin ordered to pay Rajmata's Rs.6.52 lakh phone bill - May 27, 2011
- Hemaji is an 'Iron Woman': Arjan Bajwa - Jun 17, 2011
- Dancing, yoga secret of my fitness: Hema Malini (Film Snippets) - Feb 21, 2009
- Big heroines don't need item numbers: Hema Malini - Jun 04, 2012
- Hema Malini to do cameo in 'Aarakshan' - Feb 22, 2011
- Hema Malini performs as Radha for Neeta Lulla at LFW - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Tell Me O Khuda' set for Diwali release, Hema unperturbed - Sep 20, 2011
- Esha's sangeet a private affair: Hema Malini - Jun 25, 2012
- Hema Malini turns 60 Thursday, but feels sweet 16 - Oct 15, 2008
- Dharmendra gifts jewellery set to Hema on birthday - Oct 21, 2008
- No Bollywood roles for middle aged women: Aruna Irani (Interview) - Nov 08, 2011