Vidhu’s best yet to come: Anil KapoorMarch 30th, 2012 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 30 (IANS) Vidhu Vinod Chopra has given Bollywood several iconic films like “Parinda”, “Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.” and “3 Idiots”, but the audiences have not seen his best yet, says his friend and actor Anil Kapoor.
“I think his (Chopra’s) best is yet to come. I still feel that as per his dedication, sincerity and the kind of vision he has, he has not yet not made his best film till now,” Anil told reporters here.
Chopra has completed three decades in the Hindi film industry and has organised a six-day retrospective of his films in association with a cinema chain.
The first film, showcased Thursday, was the 1989 release “Parinda”.
Anil says he has strong memories connected to the film, about Mumbai’s underworld gangsters.
“I remember when Vinod had made the poster, it read ‘The most powerful film ever made.’ I told him that people will laugh, but it was (really) the most powerful film at that time.
“I remember when he came to me to narrate the film, he told me that he had only Rs.17 and he had no money to make the film, but he wanted to make ‘Parinda’. So, that’s the way the journey started,” said Anil.
Chopra has been connected to several iconic films as director, writer or producer. Some of his films include “Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.”, “Parineeta”, “Lage Raho Munna Bhai”, “Mission Kashmir” and “Eklavya: The Royal Guard”.
Chopra is also gearing up for the release of his next production, “Ferrari Ki Sawari”, starring Sharman Joshi and Boman Irani.
- Big B says he was warned about Vidhu Vinod Chopra's bad temper - Apr 05, 2012
- I hate producing films: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - Apr 05, 2012
- Lack of strong script delaying third 'Munna Bhai': Hirani - Apr 02, 2012
- Believe in good story, not stars: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - May 08, 2012
- First Vidhu Vinod Chopra online film festival on Yahoo! - May 31, 2012
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra Signs Nicolas Cage For Broken Horses - Sep 01, 2010
- Never thought 'Behti hawa..' will fetch me national award: Kirkire - Sep 15, 2010
- You need passion to become an actor: Boman Irani - Jun 18, 2012
- I'd like to direct a movie: Boman Irani - Aug 24, 2012
- Hirani, Chopra hat-trick at national awards with '3 Idiots' - Sep 15, 2010
- Sharman Joshi Bags Lead Role In 'Ferrari Ki Sawari' - Nov 30, 2010
- 'Ferrari..' has its moments of fine sawaari (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jun 16, 2012
- Successful directors don't need me: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - Jun 10, 2012
- Amitabh regrets not doing more films with Vidhu Vinod - Apr 05, 2012
- Sachin Tendulkar To Act In Ferrari Ki Sawari - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: anil kapoor, audiences, best film, boman irani, chopra, cinema chain, eklavya the royal guard, gangsters, hindi film industry, kashmir, lage raho munna, lage raho munna bhai, mission kashmir, parineeta, retrospective, sawari, sharman joshi, sincerity, three decades, underworld