Vidhu just showing concern for Sanjay: Bela SehgalJune 23rd, 2012 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 23 (IANS) Director Bela Sehgal is glad her brother Sanjay Leela Bhansali has touched masses with “Rowdy Rathore”. She is unfazed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s comments about the movie, and says his concern is most welcome as he happens to be Bhansali’s mentor.
“I feel my brother has brought a change in his life. He is connecting with the masses and why not. Vidhu Vinod Chopra is his mentor. When a mentor shows his concern, he is allowed to do that,” Sehgal told IANS.
In a recent interview, Chopra was asked what he had to say of Bhansali producing “Rowdy Rathore”, which has minted over Rs.100 crore at the box office.
He said: “I am not happy about it… He’s seeking some kind of recognition and acceptance, and if it’s coming through this kind of cinema, then it’s sad.”
Chopra even said rubbish films are making Rs.100 crore.
To this, Sehgal said: “There is nothing wrong if he is happy saying what he is saying and if he is showing concern, it’s okay.”
“Sanjay has got nothing against him and even I don’t want to comment on it because I think everybody has their own thing to say. We don’t want to comment on ‘Ferrari Ki Sawaari’ or Vidhu Vinod Chopra or what he has made.”
“He is senior and we have learnt a lot from him and we respect him a lot. He is a wonderful man. We really think highly of them.”
Sehgal, who has directed Bhansali’s next production “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi”, is glad Bhansali’s attempt at a different film like “Rowdy Rathore” has appealed to the masses.
“What my brother has done is wonderful. Even he should earn, even he should reach out to the masses and I think he has connected with the masses. ‘Rowdy Rathore’ is a very nice film,” she said.
“When ‘Saawariya’ and ‘Guzaarish’ happened, people said something, when ‘Rowdy Rathore’ happened, people are saying something. Everybody has the right to say what they want to say. But Sanjay and me we don’t want to say anything about anybody,” she added.
- Siddharth Roy Kapoor doesn't rule out 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 16, 2012
- Sonakshi guarded about 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 23, 2012
- We all want Sanjay to get married: Bela Sehgal - Jun 22, 2012
- Designer Shabina Khan turns producer with 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- Potboilers' successful run has continued: Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Jun 11, 2012
- It's been a lonely journey, connections don't help: Sharman Joshi (Interview) - Jun 21, 2012
- 'Ferrari...' reminds Sanjay Dutt of his dad - Jun 12, 2012
- The perks of being Sanjay Bhansali's sister - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Rowdy Rathore' earns Rs.15.10 crore on opening day - Jun 02, 2012
- Vikram Motwane On Cracking Cannes - May 26, 2010
- Bhansali's lavish TV production plans - Nov 14, 2011
- Pritam regrets not doing Bhansali film - Jul 03, 2011
- Successful directors don't need me: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - Jun 10, 2012
- We've borrowed 'Rowdy Rathore' music from original: Wajid - May 04, 2012
- After action, Prabhu Deva wants to direct horror movie - May 18, 2012