Video game on ‘RA.One’; double pleasure for SRKAugust 12th, 2011 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 12 (IANS) Shah Rukh Khan goes the gaming way for his ambitious superhero movie “RA.One”. The superstar has collaborated with the Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) to launch ‘RA.One-The Game’ on PlayStation platform to introduce the characters to the youths before its release and says it’s like fulfilling a childhood dream.
Closeness of the characters of game to the movie can be understood from the fact that SRK is G.One in the film and the main character in the game is called the same.
“It has been a dream since childhood to be somehow involved in videogame designing or making them as all kids dream of. So now many years down the line the dream is fulfilled! Double pleasure gaming and movies… ‘RA.One’ on PS 2 & PS3… feeling like a kid all over,” Shah Rukh said in a press statement.
“Hope everyone enjoys the game and also the movie. The game is awesome fun… G.One looks cool… so does Ra.One and Kareena in an avatar which everyone will enjoy… too thrilled. Finally can play a game… be a gamer and the game itself… YAY!!!”
Megabudget “RA.One”, being made under SRK’s banner Red Chillies Entertainment, is set for Oct 26 release and it has Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal.
“‘RA.One-The Game’ would be published by SCEE and will be released Sep 11 before the film hits the screens. SCEE is committed to a certain high decibel launch of the game and will establish creatively the key characters of the film through the game itself, a source close to Shah Rukh revealed.
“Red Chillies Entertainment recognises the importance of the gaming route to connect with the Indian audience and has been involved in the pre-production stage. To maintain closeness of the story line of the game to the film, it has been actually written by Red Chillies team and Shah Rukh, in particular.
“This is an innovative business model of almost using the game launch to create a high level of excitement and expectation for ‘RA.One’ as the film,” said the source.
- SRK ties up with HomeShop18 for 'RA.One' - Oct 21, 2011
- Salman, SRK named most profitable actors - Jan 07, 2012
- Can't wait to put 'Chammak challo' on TV: SRK - Aug 24, 2011
- SRK dedicates 'Ra.One' music to Yash Johar, Bobby Chawla - Sep 13, 2011
- 'RA.One' superhero is a family man, says SRK - Oct 14, 2011
- 'RA.One' proves Indian films can match Western technology: Karan - Oct 24, 2011
- SRK's 'Ra.One' aims at Limca record with longest fan mail - Jun 01, 2011
- In technology, we can't compete with foreign filmmakers: SRK - Jun 02, 2011
- 'Ra.One' dedicated to fathers: Shah Rukh - Sep 20, 2010
- I'm no marketing guru: Shah Rukh - Sep 26, 2011
- SRK interacts with Bangalore fans in Kannada - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Ishqiya 2' will be cult: Arshad Warsi (Movie Snippets) - Jan 05, 2012
- Big B reports fake Twitter ID rubbishing 'RA.One' - Oct 27, 2011
- Now, a video game on 'Don 2' - Dec 08, 2011
- 'Hum Tum Shabana' team heads to Ajmer Sharif (Movie Snippets) - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: arjun rampal, business model, childhood dream, chillies, closeness, double pleasure, expectation, game launch, indian audience, innovative business, kareena kapoor, production stage, ps 2, red chillies entertainment, scee, shah rukh khan, sony computer entertainment, sony computer entertainment europe, srk, video game