Veteran Actor Pat Hingle dies.January 5th, 2009 - 10:32 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Pat Hingle, a veteran actor died Saturday after battling blood cancer aged 84. Hingle’s career included a recurring role as a Commissioner Gordon in several Batman movies in the 1990s.
Michele Seidman,a family friend said Hingle died at his home in Carolina Beach on Saturday night.
Seidman even said that he decided to settle in the coastal town after shooting the movie ‘Maximum Overdrive’ in the area in 1986. Where he lived there for more than 15 years.
Family spokesman Lynn Heritage says Hingle was diagnosed with myelodysplasia in November 2006.
His career in movies and television spanned six decades, and he was also nominated for a Tony Award in 1958.
Hingle’s last movie was ‘Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby,’ which was released in 2006.
- Jack McBrayer tonight on Jimmy Fallon - May 29, 2009
- Houston's secret 'son' to get share in wealth - Feb 26, 2012
- Britney's parents reconcile 8 years after divorce - Nov 16, 2010
- Jack McBrayer appears on Conan O'Brien show - Nov 25, 2009
- Jamie Lynn Spears' daughter sings Britney's number - Aug 02, 2011
- Argentine comedian Jorge Luz is dead - Jul 16, 2012
- Ferrell to impersonate Bush on Broadway - Oct 19, 2008
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Christian Bale doesn't want to be Batman any more - Nov 28, 2011
- Former Charlotte Hornets coach Dick Harter dies - Mar 14, 2012
- Tom Carnegie dies at the age of 91 years - Feb 12, 2011
- Bobbi Kristina to see Whitney's body Saturday - Feb 17, 2012
- Houston to get posthumous award - May 17, 2012
- 2008 Espy Award winners announced! - Jul 18, 2008
- Prince Harry gets cozy with model Cara Delevingne - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: ballad of ricky, ballad of ricky bobby, blood cancer, carolina beach, coastal town, commissioner gordon, family friend, family spokesman, maximum overdrive, michele, myelodysplasia, overdrive, pat hingle, ricky, seidman, talladega nights, talladega nights the ballad of ricky, talladega nights the ballad of ricky bobby, tony award, veteran actor