Verdict on Subhash Ghai’s Haryana land deal March 16March 5th, 2012 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, March 5 (IANS) The fate of 20 acres of land purchased by Bollywood filmmaker Subhash Ghai in Haryana will now be decided by a court March 16. The verdict on a plea against the deal was earlier slated to be delivered Monday, a lawyer said.
“On March 1, after hearing the arguments of both the sides, the court had decided to pronounce the decision on March 5 but now it may come on March 16,” Sanjay Sharma, lawyer for Ghai’s Mukta Arts, told IANS.
Additional Civil Judge (Senior) Rajesh Sharma, based in Bahadurgarh, earlier issued notice to the government and Ghai and restricted Mukta Arts from performing any activity on the land in Badhsa village in Jhajjar district, some 35 km from here.
The gram panchayat had sent a resolution to the government Jan 6, 2010 to permit it sell land to Mukta Arts.
On Sep 22, 2010, the government allowed the panchayat to sell 20 acres of land at the rate of Rs.2,409,000 per acre. The deal was sealed Oct 11, 2010.
Ex-sarpanch of Badhsa Balbir Singh and former member of panchayat Rambir Singh filed the petition claiming that the land belonged to village communities and the gram panchayat and the government had no right to sell it to a private firm.
- Court orders stay on Subhash Ghai's project in Haryana - Feb 23, 2012
- Subhash Ghai gets relief in Haryana land case - Mar 16, 2012
- Haryana court reserves order on Subhash Ghai project - Mar 01, 2012
- Court stays Subhash Ghai's Haryana land deal - May 29, 2012
- Subhash Ghai's Haryana plot cancelled (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Court quashes Haryana plot given to Subhash Ghai - Sep 11, 2012
- Haryana villagers happy after Subhash Ghai's land allotment revoked - Sep 19, 2012
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Setback for Ghai in land allocation row (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- 'Subhash Ghai a liability by name, not an asset' - Apr 11, 2012
- 212 Madhya Pradesh villages chosen for Nirmal Gram Puraskar - Mar 23, 2012
- State government cheated me, says Subhash Ghai - Apr 06, 2012
- Ghai celebrates Indian movie centenary with Cinema 100 - Jun 01, 2012
- 'I feel cheated,' says Subhash Ghai (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: acre, balbir singh, civil judge, fate, gram panchayat, gurgaon, haryana, lawyer, march 1, mukta arts, oct 11, petition, plea, private firm, rajesh, rs 2, sanjay sharma, Subhash Ghai, village communities