Veena Malik denies being a spy, cops tell courtFebruary 14th, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 14 (IANS) Pakistani actress Veena Malik has denied working as a spy for her country’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Delhi Police Tuesday told a court here.
The police statement came after a court’s order to file an action taken report on a complaint seeking registration of a case against Malik for allegedly spying in India.
Metropolitan Magistrate Purva Sareen after taking note of the police report, listed the case for arguments March 2.
Mahidul Hassan, Imam of a mosque in south Delhi’s Jamia Nagar, in his complaint alleged that she was working for the ISI after Malik’s purported photograph was published on a magazine cover with an “ISI” tattoo on her arm.
Hassan’s advocate requested the court to lodge a sedition case against the Pakistani actress.
The complaint said that the tattoo indicated that she was spying for the Pakistani intelligence agency, which should be probed.
Malik claimed that the cover photo published in the magazine was doctored.
The complaint has also named the magazine and its owner as parties in the case.
- Petition against Veena Malik dismissed - Dec 08, 2011
- Veena Malik goes missing in Mumbai - Dec 17, 2011
- Spying case: Court notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Case likely against Pak starlet Veena Malik for drinking and dancing with Indian star - Jan 18, 2011
- Veena hunts for man like Big B - Apr 09, 2012
- Spying case: Court notice to diplomat Madhuri Gupta - May 08, 2012
- Veena Malik confident about playing double role - Jun 23, 2012
- 'ISI blew CIA station chief's cover in retaliation to Mumbai massacre implication' - Dec 18, 2010
- I have a split personality: Veena Malik (Movie Snippets) - Jul 02, 2012
- Pakistan Army and ISI is kidnapping and killing people of Gilgit Baltistan (Part-2) - Dec 18, 2010
- Tight security for Gilani's court appearance - Feb 12, 2012
- Pakistani gets bail to prove innocence - Mar 20, 2012
- Cartoonist Trivedi's questioning cut short, sent to judicial custody (Second Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Case against Digvijay for calling Ramdev 'thug' - Jun 06, 2011
- Spying case: Ex-diplomat Madhuri Gupta granted bail (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: advocate, delhi police, feb 14, hassan, imam, intelligence agency, inter services, isi delhi, jamia nagar, magistrate, mosque, New Delhi, pakistani actress, photograph, police statement, sareen, sedition, south delhi, tattoo, veena malik