Vanessa Minnillo keeps check on cravingsApril 24th, 2012 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, April 24 (IANS) Actress Vanessa Minnillo says she is keeping her pregnancy cravings in check because she wants to eat healthy for her baby.
The 31-year-old is expecting her first child with husband Nick Lachey, and says she is making sensible decisions when it comes to her diet for the sake of their little one, reports contactmusic.com.
“I think it’s important to let yourself indulge but what I eat, what I put into my body, goes directly to my baby. It makes you think, ‘Do I really want to get that Snickers bar snack or do I want to get a bowl of fruit?’ So then I go for the fruit and the antioxidants,” she told parade.com.
“But of course I’m human and after we went out to dinner last night, I had a bowl of ice cream. After the baby is born, I still want to have me. I don’t want to start at ground zero to try and get back to that,” she added.
She also says she tries to catch up on her sleep at every opportunity.
“Whenever I can get a nap, I do. I get 30 minutes for lunch so I eat for the first 10 and then I sleep the next 20. Every minute you can get,” she said.
- Lachey plans to have kids soon - Jul 04, 2011
- Minnillo can wait for babies - Mar 26, 2011
- Lachey wishes Simpson the very best after engagement - Nov 16, 2010
- Mel B new face of Jenny Craig - Oct 12, 2011
- Duff a lucky mother - Apr 18, 2012
- Vanessa Minnillo 'showers with Nick Lachey twice daily to stay connected' - Oct 02, 2010
- Simpson unhappy with ex-husband's engagement - Nov 06, 2010
- Nick Lachey, wife welcome son - Sep 13, 2012
- Nick Lachey can't wait to be father - Aug 12, 2012
- Jessica Simpson denies 'flipping out' about ex-husband's engagement - Nov 12, 2010
- Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo to have a TV wedding - Jun 22, 2011
- Simpson 'extremely happy' at ex-husband's engagement - Nov 12, 2010
- Is Nick Lachey going to marry Vanessa Minnillo on New Year's Day? - Dec 22, 2010
- Jessica Simpson 'saddened by Nick-Vanessa engagement' - Nov 06, 2010
- Rihanna's workouts in wee hours - May 10, 2012
Tags: 30 minutes, actress, antioxidants, april 24, bar snack, bowl of fruit, diet, ground zero, husband nick, lunch, nap, nick lachey, pregnancy cravings, sake, sensible decisions, sleep, vanessa minnillo