Vandana Gupta not interested in typical ‘bahu’ rolesSeptember 5th, 2012 - 7:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 5 (IANS) Southern actress Vandana Gupta is making her television debut with the Hindi show “Teri Meri Love Stories”. She has enjoyed her stint so far on the small screen but is not open to playing typical ‘bahu’ in soaps.
The 24-year-old, who is known for her roles in films including “Thavam”, “Hyderabadi Nawabs”, “Ajantha” and “Hrudayadali Idenidu”, says she is open to television roles but only those characters which she can relate to.
“I want to take up roles which support my real nature as well. I can’t do something which I can’t relate to. I don’t want to do a typical ‘bahu’ for sure,” Vandana told IANS and added: “I am working in television for the first time. It was just amazing.”
“Teri Meri Love Stories” is a 90-minute romantic telefilms series that airs on Star Plus.
Talking about her role in the series, Vandana said: “My character is a very confident woman. She is humble, caring and loving and can handle any situation in her life.”
In the beginning, she was unsure about the role, but now she is glad to be part of the Hindi television industry.
“Initially, I didn’t think I could do it. But then I thought that I could do so many things with my character and showcase my acting. The whole experience was superb,” she said.
TV viewers are far better compared to southern movie audiences, she feels.
“When I did my first film, I was crazy at that time. My heart was beating so fast. I feel the same even now, though I have done 80 commercials and five films.
“But on television, the world connects with you. Before this, I had done only southern films, which have a limited audience. I was a bit nervous,” she said.
- Doing 'shayari' made me nervous: Shahid Kapoor - Apr 06, 2012
- I want to play my age: Vandana Pathak - Jun 23, 2012
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- I want unconventional roles: Mrunal Jain (TV Snippets) - May 17, 2012
- It's good to be bad, says Priyanka - Jan 17, 2012
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- Great time for actresses in Indian cinema: Priyanka Chopra - Jun 09, 2012
- Shahid in love with his character Javed (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Priyanka hungry for more meaty roles - Apr 11, 2012
- I want to stay away from saas-bahu sagas: TV actress Smita - Mar 20, 2011
Tags: actress, airs, ajantha, audience, audiences, commercials, confident woman, films, hyderabadi nawabs, love stories, many things, real nature, showcase, soaps, stint, television debut, television industry, television roles, tv viewers, vandana gupta