Van Damme vows to resurrect film career to win back sonFebruary 8th, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Feb 8 (ANI): Jean-Claude Van Damme is planning to resurrect his acting career in a bid to win back his youngest son.
The hunks personal life and career hit rock bottom in the 1990s and following a nasty divorce from his fourth wife Darcy LaPier in 1997, he lost access to his youngest son, 13-year-old Nicholas.
The star, who has been dubbed the ”Muscles from Brussels”, told Britain’’s The Sun newspaper: “The only way I can bring my son back is to be successful again as they were saying to him, ”Your father is a loser.””
The 48-year-old actor is hoping that his resurgence will help him achieve his one main goal, reports the NZPA.
He continued: “For me not to see my kid is a disaster. You cannot do that to somebody. It has got to the point where Nicholas cannot communicate with my other children on Facebook.
“My other son is making a movie and wants Nicholas to be in it because he is thinking about him. So they were communicating about the script. Someone found out and he was cut off.”
Jean-Claude said that he’’s happy to put his self-destructive past behind him to concentrate on family life.
He added: “When I was doing my rock”n roll life I was doing that to the fullest. Thank God I trained for so many years and was in the best shape physically. If not, I would have been six feet under. I promise you.
“I go to the gym. I don”t do pot any more. I don”t do coke any more. I am very down to earth. I am not Dolce and Gabbana, I am Levi’’s. I am a people man. The blue collar love me.” (ANI)
- Jean-Claude Van Damme admits to affair with Kylie Minogue - Aug 14, 2012
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Denies His Heart Attack Rumor - Oct 21, 2010
- Why Van Damme refused to appear in Sly's 'The Expendables' - Aug 17, 2010
- Hollywood star Jean Claude Van Damme denies that he suffered a heart attack - Oct 21, 2010
- Van Damme all set for a kickboxing match with a Thai boxer - Jan 30, 2010
- D&G happy to dress Bieber for premiere - Feb 22, 2011
- Van Damme signs 'Six Bullets' - Jun 23, 2011
- Van Damme to step back into the ring - Jan 29, 2010
- Disney's Muppets Adaptation To Star Ricky Gervais? - Dec 03, 2010
- Sly says 'unaffordable' stars made 'Expendables' impossible two decades ago - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Kung Fu Panda 2' - double the delight (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - May 27, 2011
- Jean Claude Van Damme to swap movies for reality TV - Nov 30, 2010
- Stallone not directing 'Expendables' sequel - Mar 10, 2011
- My films create a show, not reality: 'The Artist' director (Interview) - Feb 23, 2012
- Putin meets Van Damme at mixed fight championship - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: 13 year old, acting career, claude van damme, coke, dolce and gabbana, film career, jean claude van, jean claude van damme, levi, loser, main goal, nasty divorce, nzpa, personal life, resurgence, rock bottom, rock n roll, six feet, son 13, youngest son