Valerie Plame’s Story Exposed In “Fair Game”November 6th, 2010 - 8:55 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Naomi Watts starrer ‘Fair Game’ released this Friday in theaters across America and people all over the world have been scrambling the web to get details of who Valerie Plame is. Valerie Plame, the spy who was exposed during the Bush administration is the main inspiration for the character played by Naomi Watts in the movie. The film based on the former CIA officer’s book by the same name focuses on the incident surrounding her expose by someone in the Bush-Administration. It shows the plight of the woman who was used to discredit her husband after one of his findings turned out to be too uncomfortable for the administration.
Naomi Watts plays the lead role as Valerie Plame and her husband is played by Oscar-winner Sean Penn. Sean Penn’s exposes the truth behind how the administration handled Iraqi intelligence. The ‘Ring’ star said that she met Valerie Plame during the shooting of the film and felt that there were a number of similarities between both of them. She observed that both their jobs involved observing people and the little nuances of their behavior. She said though the context of their work was different, both of them were being very careful about the film.
Doug Liman of ‘Bourne Identity’ fame has directed the movie which can be described as political drama meets spy thriller. In real life, Valerie Plame was the subject of media attention after it was clear that she had been wronged by the administration. The film also highlights how the CIA actually works and also hints at the truth behind the war in Iraq.
- Naomi Watts Sent To Boot Camp for Fair Games - May 22, 2010
- Naomi Watts hopes new movie will expose Americans to ex-CIA agent's life - Nov 02, 2010
- Naomi Watts: Excited About A Doug Liman Film - Jan 04, 2011
- 'Fair Game' - a brilliant political thriller (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 07, 2011
- Naomi Watts was sent to boot camp to 'toughen up' for spy movie - May 22, 2010
- Sean Penn to miss Cannes premiere of 'Fair Game' - May 18, 2010
- Sean Penn in talks to star in Fair Game - Feb 24, 2009
- Naomi Watts values honesty - Feb 25, 2011
- Cannes 2010 Has A Fascinating Lineup Fascinating - Apr 16, 2010
- American Modern Age Dramas Lead Cannes 2010 Lineup - Apr 16, 2010
- Naomi Watts, Liev Schreiber land spy roles in rival movies - Mar 16, 2009
- Bush fell out with Cheney over aide's spy scandal - Nov 09, 2010
- Jolie sprinkles Rs.78 mn worth 'Salt' on Indian box office - Jul 27, 2010
- Madonna fancies creative men - Sep 02, 2011
- Watts unveils Princess Diana makeover - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: bush administration, cia officer, doug liman, fair game, inspiration, iraqi intelligence, kar, lead role, media attention, meena, naomi watts, nuances, oscar winner, plight, political drama, sean penn, spy thriller, theaters, valerie plame, war in iraq