Valerie Bertinelli blames Gisele Bundchen for unhealthy eating trendsMarch 5th, 2008 - 7:00 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Mar 05 (ANI): American actress Valerie Bertinelli has blamed Gisele Bundchen and her other supermodel pals for modern eating disorder trends.
According to Valerie, the leading fashion models are not doing anything to promote a healthy image.
Bertinelli, who is the Jenny Craig weight loss spokeswoman, insists too many girls and young women are starving themselves to emulate “skinny” catwalk stars, and the models fail to understand that sizes zero and two are not the norm.
“When there were several of those models dying from anorexia and I read that Gisele Bundchen said something about it’s not being the designers’ fault but the parents’ fault, I was like, ‘Well now, wait a minute, Miss Skinny Girl. (I said), Designers do have something to do with this because they hire women like you, Contactmusic quoted Bertinelli as telling Ladies Home Journal magazine.
“There was one designer who was proud of herself because she hired models that were a size four. And when asked why she didn’t hire a (size) six or eight, she said, ‘Because the clothes don’t look good. They don’t hang right, she stated.
“Aren’t you supposed to design clothes that look good on real women?” she added. (ANI)
- DiCaprio still searching for true love - Mar 13, 2012
- Posh comes to defence of skinny models - Feb 19, 2010
- Skinny models to be banned Down Under - Jun 27, 2010
- Pregnant Miranda Kerr won't have stretch marks, says her granny - Aug 21, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen says she's lucky that her sons get along well - Dec 03, 2010
- Ban skinny models from catwalk - Mar 02, 2012
- Forbes list eludes as Indian models fight odds - Jul 08, 2011
- People told me I am fat: Tyra Banks - May 19, 2012
- Katie Price wants to pose for Victoria's Secret - Jul 13, 2010
- Unplanned pregnancies more common in women with anorexia nervosa - Oct 30, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen shows off her baby bump on the beach - Jul 26, 2012
- Jessica Alba jealous of Bundchen's post-baby body - Jul 14, 2011
- Drunkorexia, the dangerous new booze-diet fad to stay skinny - Oct 22, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen: World's first billionaire model? - Jun 04, 2011
- For designer Kiran, large size clothes are success mantra - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: american actress, anorexia, clothes, designers, eating disorder, fashion models, girls, gisele bundchen, home journal magazine, jenny craig, ladies home journal, norm, pals, parents, real women, skinny girl, spokeswoman, valerie bertinelli, weight loss, young women