Valaya’s clothes outshine Kangna on Couture Week rampJuly 24th, 2010 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) It was a classic example of clothes stealing the show from a show-stopper. Designer J.J. Valaya’s couture line at the ongoing Pearl’s Infrastructure Delhi Couture Week was so impressive that it even overshadowed the presence of Bollywood actress Kangna Ranaut.
Inspired by a fictional character “Alika”, the line had elegant saris, lehengas paired with sexy cholis and long jackets, short kurtas with skin-fit chudidars and achakans and angrakhas for men. The line was a treat to the eyes and showed designers effort in putting up a magnificent show together.
This Delhi-based designer had used a lot of hand-embroidery, digital printing, appliques and lazer cuttings on fabrics such as jersey, dupion, georgette and fine velvets.
Through this line, Valaya has introduced “Alika” jackets - a cross between a shirt and a jacket, it looks a bit like Indian traditional garment “Sadri”.
This line had everything a bride-to-be dreams of, so when Kangna, who was wearing a heavily embroidery lehenga hoped that Valaya designs her wedding trousseau - no one was surprised.
“The moment I wore this lehenga, I told J.J. that you have to make my wedding dress. It is so beautiful, any bride’s dream,” Kangna told reports here late Friday.
The stage for this show had a jungle like feel, with an artificial tree in the middle and a few artificial flowers in the backdrop.
As the models started walking in pristine white line, the whole show area burst in applause, complimenting the designer for his detailed work.
After whites, it was beige, then black and then heavily embroidered lehengas in various hues of fuschia, blue, beige, off-whites, and the line received great applause from the audience.
- Kangana Models For J. J. Valaya - Jul 24, 2010
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Shraddha Kapoor steals show for Anju Modi - Jul 24, 2011
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Turkish Empire recreated on ramp - Feb 20, 2012
- JJ Valaya couture collection mix of past designs - Jul 23, 2011
- JJ Valaya 'clicks' with the LFW audience - Aug 18, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Trends don't work, says JJ Valaya - Aug 09, 2012
- Rohit Bal spins magic at couture week - Oct 09, 2010
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- Fahad Hussayn steals show at Pakistan Bridal Week (With Images) - Dec 20, 2011
- A grandeur opening by Varun Bahl for DCW - Aug 09, 2012
- Shweta Nanda steals show from Brett Lee at couture week - Jul 26, 2010
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: applause, appliques, artificial flowers, backdrop, cholis, digital printing, fictional character, georgette, hand embroidery, hues, j j valaya, kangna ranaut, New Delhi, short kurtas, show stopper, stealing the show, traditional garment, velvets, wedding dress, wedding trousseau