Val Kilmer Says Sorry To New Mexico NeighborsJune 25th, 2010 - 8:09 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
June 25, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): American actor Val Kilmer, who was facing protests from his neighbors in New Mexico, has now apologized publicly for his critical and insulting remarks.
In his past interviews, Kilmer criticized his neighbors saying that his area is the homicide capital of the Southwest and 80% of the people here are drunk.
The Doors star was offered by the San Miguel County officials to explain himself. So, he went there to attend a commission meeting on Wednesday and tried to patch up with his neighbors by saying sorry in public. He explained that he can understand the sentiment of the people regarding their homeland.
After this public apology, the actor was granted permission by the officials to rent out his estate near Santa Fe. But civil rights activist Abran Tapia came out with some unsatisfied neighbors saying that apology is just not enough as the actor has not addressed the charges against him.
Tapia added that someone is required to speak up for the people who got offended by the remarks of Kilmer made in the year 2003 in a Rolling Stone article. Tapia and few of the neighbors were inconvincible even after Kilmer said sorry to them. It seems that the neighbors of Val Kilmer did not want him to have his way so easily.
However, Kilmer has repeatedly said that he has been misquoted but no one accepted his point.
Now, what will happens to the business plan of Kilmer? Only time can tell. We hope Kilmer becomes successful in convincing his neighbors.
- Val Kilmer Says Sorry To New Mexico Neighbors - Jun 25, 2010
- Val Kilmer says sorry to his New Mexico neighbors - Jun 25, 2010
- Val Kilmer's neighbors are still upset over the comments that he made 7 years ago - Jun 22, 2010
- Neighbors Protest Against Val Kilmer's 'Bed And Breakfast' Project - Jun 22, 2010
- Val Kilmer Says Sorry, 7 Years After 'Rolling Stone' Article - Jun 25, 2010
- Val Kilmer Battles It Out Against His New Mexico Neighbors - Jun 22, 2010
- Val Kilmer To Explain Derogatory NM Comments: Claims Accusations Untrue - Jun 03, 2010
- Johnny Depp apologizes for his comments - Oct 05, 2011
- Argentine province to produce Viagra for free distribution - Mar 23, 2012
- David Arquette apologizes for going public about his crumbling marriage - Oct 14, 2010
- Yahoo fires journalist after Romney joke - Aug 31, 2012
- Prince Harry unhurt after falling from horse - Jun 28, 2010
- Batman's costume gave Bale panic attack - Jul 10, 2012
- New Zealand apologises to Finland over remark - Mar 27, 2012
- Chavan, Shiv Sena criticise Salman for 26/11 comments - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: abran, actor val kilmer, american actor, business plan, civil rights activist, county officials, homicide, insulting remarks, men at work, neighbors, new mexico, pen men, protests, public apology, rolling stone, san miguel county, sentiment, stone article, tapia, val kilmer