‘Vaana’ song dominates Telugu music marketFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 11:22 am ICT by admin
By Prema R.
Hyderabad, Feb 22 (IANS) “Yeduta nilichindi choodu” from “Vaana” continues to be on top of the charts this fortnight too. The list is more or less the same as the last one with the exception of a song from “Ontari” entering at second place. The top five Telugu songs are:
1. “Yeduta nilichindi choodu” - Film: “Vaana”. Karthik sings the soft, melodious number composed by Kamlakar and the lilting music lingers on even after the song ends, particularly the first line. The song has been picturised well too. “Vaana”, a Telugu remake of the Kannada hit “Mangaru Male”, has some good music and this is one of the sonorous songs.
2. “Cheppalanundi chinnamaata” - Film: “Ontari”. Mani Sharma scores music for the film. This song is a soft, fairly melodious number rendered by S.P. Charan and Kalpana.
3. “Are re are re” - Film: “Happy Days”. Mickey Meyer’s musical score is immensely popular. The song sung by Karthik is orchestrated well and has a melodious feel to it.
4. “Taratha yethukupota” - Film: “Krishna”. Rendered by Kunche Raghu and Kausalya, the popular number is composed by Chakri.
5. “Maha maha” - Film: “Mantra”. A typical Western techno number with an interesting beat, the song is sung by Madhumita and Noelsen.
Tags: chakri, charan, fortnight, good music, happy days, hyderabad, kalpana, kannada, karthik, krishna, lilting music, madhumita, music market, musical score, ontari, prema, raghu, scores music, telugu songs, top of the charts