UTV denies buying ‘Dabangg 2′ rightsFebruary 7th, 2012 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) UTV Motion Pictures has shot down reports that it has bought the rights of Salman Khan-Sonakshi Sinha-starrer “Dabangg 2″.
Rumours were abuzz that UTV had purchased the rights of the sequel to the 2010 blockbuster “Dabangg” for a whopping Rs.140 crore.
UTV officials have put all speculation at rest by releasing a statement.
“There have been irresponsible reports in certain sections of the media that UTV has bought the rights for ‘Dabangg 2′ for Rs.140 crore, despite us clearly denying this,” an official statement from UTV Motion Pictures.
“We would like to clarify that UTV has not purchased the rights of the movie in question. We have been very open about announcing our new projects and communicated them to the media and will continue to do so. We hope this puts all speculations to rest,” the statement further said.
The original “Dabangg” was directed by Abhinav Kashyap. Filmmaker Arbaaz Khan would be wielding the megaphone for the sequel. It is slated for release this year end.
- Arbaaz buries the hatchet with Anurag Kashyap (With Image) - Jan 09, 2012
- It's true, I will direct 'Dabangg' sequel: Arbaaz - Mar 03, 2011
- Dileep Shukla may script 'Dabangg 2' story - Mar 10, 2011
- Abhinav Kashyap Will Not Direct Dabangg Sequel - Nov 11, 2010
- Salman Impressed With Dabangg Director - Jul 31, 2010
- First draft of 'Dabangg 2' ready: Arbaaz Khan - Sep 23, 2011
- Who will make 'Dabangg 2' if not me, asks Abhinav Kashyap - Nov 13, 2010
- So what if I play Kamal Haasan's wife: Sonakshi - Mar 14, 2011
- Sohail not in 'Dabangg' sequel: Arbaaz - Jul 15, 2011
- 'Dabangg 2' to release December 2012: Arbaaz - Oct 17, 2011
- I'm trying to create new 'Dabangg': Arbaaz - Jan 28, 2012
- Three crew members injured on 'Dabangg 2' sets - Jun 23, 2012
- Haven't signed any film with Shah Rukh: Sonakshi - Aug 28, 2011
- Prakash Raj main villain of 'Dabangg 2': Arbaaz - Oct 25, 2011
- All the best for 'Dabangg', Big B wishes Salman - Sep 09, 2010