Utahan Governor Firms Up A Warrant That Will Deport The Polygamous Jeffs To TexasAugust 12th, 2010 - 12:43 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Washington, August 11, 2010 (Just Flashed): The Governor of the state of Utah happens to be Gary Herbert. He happens to be a member of the conservative Republican Party. It has been reported that Herbert has firmed up a warrant of deportation that will transport the polygamous church leader, Warren Jeffs, to Texas to cope with the criminal indictments. Jeffs happens to be the 54-year-old boss of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints.
The spokesperson of Herbert happens to be Angie Welling. Welling has divulged that the warrant and an executive concurrence were formalized by Herbert on Tuesday evening.
What had happened was that the Texan powers that be had discharged a series of indictments against Jeffs, who had been indicted with bigamy, motivated sexual attack and assault. These indictments were anchored in suspected incidents involving Jeffs with juvenile girls at a church farm in Texas. The Utah legal representatives of Jeffs have asserted that they would initiate a legal fight against the extradition.
Jeffs presently is in the Utah State Prison in anticipation of a judicial verdict on a retrial of his criminal case of 2007.
In the preceding month, the Utahan Supreme Court knocked over the convictions of Jeffs on two counts of collaborationist rape.
- Just Flashed News Service
- Authorities Detect The Assassinated Deputy Sheriff Of An Utahan County - Aug 27, 2010
- Texas polygamist women tagged 'pimps' amid underage marriage claims - Oct 25, 2009
- Proposed bill may allow students to carry guns in Texas universities - Feb 22, 2011
- 'Sister Wives' to have another cast member - Apr 12, 2011
- US church group offering travellers 'polygamy tours' - Sep 21, 2009
- Texas Puts Gang Rapist To Death - Aug 18, 2010
- The Governor Of Utah Launches A Probe Into The Embarrassing 'Listgate' - Jul 21, 2010
- Father of piano quintet 5 Browns admits to sexually abusing daughters - Feb 18, 2011
- Hearing To Be Organized To Determine The Change Of Venue In The Abduction Case Of Elizabeth Smart - Jul 30, 2010
- Harry Potter 'encourages witchcraft' - Oct 25, 2010
- 'British undercover police can have sex with suspects' - Jun 13, 2012
- Texan Youngsters Accused Of Perpetrating A Fatal Shelling Could Encounter An Additional Charge - Sep 03, 2010
- SC directs fresh trial of Delhi 1997 blast accused - Aug 31, 2012
- In Britain, polygamy could be rewarding for immigrants - Jul 31, 2012
- Mormon church leader accused of attacking another person - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: church leader, church of jesus, church of jesus christ, criminal case, criminal indictments, deportation, extradition, fundamentalist church of jesus, fundamentalist church of jesus christ, gary herbert, juvenile girls, legal fight, legal representatives, retrial, sexual attack, state of utah, tuesday evening, utah state prison, utahan, warren jeffs