Usher to divorce wife?June 12th, 2009 - 1:46 am ICT by IANS
London, June 12 (IANS) American R&B star and actor Usher and his wife Tameka Foster are reportedly planning to divorce after almost two years of marriage.
The “Yeah” hitmaker and stylist Foster have been living apart for the past year and divorce papers were filed in Atlanta, Georgia Thursday morning, reports aceshowbiz.com.
The news has come just four months after Foster suffered a cardiac arrest during cosmetic surgery in Brazil.
At the time, Usher, who flew to be by her side, insisted he had no idea his wife was there for the procedure.
“Usher’s primary concern is for his children. He is a great father and just wants to do what is right for them,” said a source close to the couple.
The couple has two kids, Usher Raymond V, 18 months, and Naviyd, six months.
- Usher in tears during custody hearing - May 23, 2012
- Usher wins custody battle against ex-wife - Aug 25, 2012
- Usher filed for divorce after falling for another older woman - Jun 18, 2009
- Usher, wife's divorce finalised - Nov 07, 2009
- Usher's split with wife happened before second son's birth - Jun 17, 2009
- Usher's stepson is declared brain-dead after a jet-ski tragedy - Jul 10, 2012
- Usher and wife 'getting divorced' - Jun 12, 2009
- Usher files court papers for joint custody of his kids - Jun 17, 2009
- Tameka Foster vows not to criticise ex Usher in public during divorce - Jun 17, 2009
- Sex tape featuring Usher, ex-wife on sale - Mar 14, 2011
- Usher demands paternity test to confirm he is father of his youngest kid - Jul 03, 2009
- Usher's ex-wife to appeal against custody order - Sep 02, 2012
- Usher doesn't regret marriage to Tameka Foster - Aug 28, 2010
- Usher's Ex-Wife Strikes Out At Lawyer & Fans On Twitter - Apr 12, 2010
- Usher's wife 'still not over her plastic surgery nightmare' - Apr 30, 2009