Usher files court papers for joint custody of his kidsJune 17th, 2009 - 6:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 17 (ANI): While Usher and his estranged wife have decided to get divorced, the RnB singer has filed court papers asking for joint custody of his two children.
The ‘Yeah!’ hitmaker and stylist Tameka Foster have announced that they are parting ways after almost two years of marriage.
The singer filed official papers at Georgia’s Fulton County Superior Court last week, confirming rumours that the couple has been living apart for over a year.
The documents, obtained by E! Online, also reveal that Usher is petitioning for joint custody of their kids Usher Raymond V, 18 months, and Naviyd, six months.
Usher has also asked Foster to provide copies of “notes, cards, letters, photographs, film, documents, tapes, voice recordings, gift, jewelry, clothes” or other evidence that reflects on the singer’s conduct during their marriage.
The papers also ask Foster to turn over reports, photos or recordings that have resulted from either “surveillance or investigation” of her estranged partner, reports Contactmusic.
The details in court papers have fuelled Internet rumours that Foster hired a private detective to investigate the singer during their marriage. (ANI)
- Usher in tears during custody hearing - May 23, 2012
- Usher filed for divorce after falling for another older woman - Jun 18, 2009
- Usher wins custody battle against ex-wife - Aug 25, 2012
- Tameka Foster vows not to criticise ex Usher in public during divorce - Jun 17, 2009
- Usher, wife's divorce finalised - Nov 07, 2009
- Usher's ex-wife to appeal against custody order - Sep 02, 2012
- I was born to be a dad: Usher - Sep 18, 2012
- Usher and wife 'getting divorced' - Jun 12, 2009
- Usher's stepson is declared brain-dead after a jet-ski tragedy - Jul 10, 2012
- Usher to divorce wife? - Jun 12, 2009
- Usher demands paternity test to confirm he is father of his youngest kid - Jul 03, 2009
- Usher doesn't regret marriage to Tameka Foster - Aug 28, 2010
- Usher, ex-wife Tameka's stolen sex tape being offered to highest bidder - Mar 15, 2011
- Usher compares his divorce to LiLo's woes - Oct 16, 2010
- Usher's split with wife happened before second son's birth - Jun 17, 2009
Tags: cards, clothes, county superior court, film documents, fulton county superior court, gift jewelry, hitmaker, joint custody, marriage, parting ways, partner reports, photographs, photos, private detective, rumours, six months, stylist tameka foster, surveillance, usher raymond, voice recordings