US Secret Service blames Palin for death threats against ObamaNovember 9th, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by ANI
img src=”/newsportal/images/Sarah Palin-83236.jpg” alt=”Sarah Palin” border=”0″ hspace=”5″ vspace=”2″ width=”180″ height=”246″ align=”right”
Washington, Nov.9 (ANI): Agents of the United States Security Service have squarely blamed Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin for the death threats against president-elect Barack Obama.
According to the agents, Palins repeated questioning of Obamas patriotism sparked off the death threats from white supremacists.
According to The Telegraph, Palin attracted criticism for accusing Obama of “palling around with terrorists”, citing his association with the sixties radical William Ayers.
The attacks provoked a near lynch mob atmosphere at her rallies, with supporters yelling “terrorist” and “kill him” until the McCain campaign ordered her to tone down the rhetoric.
But it has now emerged that her demagogic tone may have unintentionally encouraged white supremacists to go even further.
The Secret Service warned the Obama family in mid-October that they had seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against the Democratic candidate, coinciding with Palin’’s attacks.
Michelle Obama, the future First Lady, was so upset that she turned to her friend and campaign adviser Valerie Jarrett and said: “Why would they try to make people hate us?”
The revelations, contained in a Newsweek history of the campaign, are likely to further damage Palin’’s credentials as a future presidential candidate. She is already a frontrunner, with Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, to take on Obama in four years time.
Intelligence analysts Stratfor has already warned that Obama is a high risk target for racist gunmen.
“Two plots to assassinate Obama were broken up during the campaign season, and several more remain under investigation. We would expect federal authorities to uncover many more plots to attack the president that have been hatched by white supremacist ideologues,” it said.
Aides to Republican presidential candidate John McCain blame Palin for losing the election. They have branded her a “diva” and a “whack job”.
Palin has decided to counter these attacks by saying that those undertaking them are cowards, cruel and mean-spirited.(ANI)
- Meghan McCain Writes On 'Dirty Sexy Politics' - Sep 01, 2010
- 'Bush thinks Palin not fit to be President' - Nov 07, 2010
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Oprah's Comments To 'Parade' Construed As U.S. Is Too Smart To Be Seduced By Sarah Palin's Presidency - Dec 24, 2010
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin - Mar 10, 2011
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- Ex-colleague says Palin should be allowed to reveal her multiple flaws - Dec 20, 2010
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Palin's victory and defeat speeches leaked - Nov 05, 2009
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- Sarah Palin's documentary lacks audience - Jul 26, 2011
- Ex-aide attacks Sarah Palin in new book - Feb 20, 2011
- Palin to campaign for McCain, other Republican candidates - Jan 21, 2010
Tags: barack obama, bobby jindal, campaign adviser, campaign season, federal authorities, intelligence analysts, john mccain, louisiana governor, lynch mob, mccain campaign, michelle obama, president elect, republican presidential candidate, republican presidential candidate john mccain, sarah palin, target, time intelligence, united states security, white supremacists, william ayers