‘Uro Chithi’ from the floorsAugust 31st, 2010 - 10:10 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
August 31, 2010 (Sampurn Wire}: Most Bengali film critics think that Bengali cinema is finally coming off age and showing maturity. Adding another feather to the cap of Bengali filmmakers is the new movie “Uro Chithi’. Kamaleshwar Mukherjee makes his directorial debut with this upcoming movie and he is very excited about the project.
The movie tries to answer some basic questions about the society and inter-personal relationships. Locket Chatterjee and Sreelekha Mitra play the characters of Sudha and Raka in the film. Both Sudha and Raka are happily married until recession hits. The movie shows how economy plays a cruel joke on people’s lives. Sreelekha said that “Raka’ has a strong independent streak to her. She even walks out of her marriage when her husband’s cheating becomes apparent.
Locket said that her character Sudha is simple housewife who gets a complete makeover in the second half of the movie. Locket and Sreelekha are paired opposite to Indraneil and Biswajit respectively. Sudha’s character has a soft spot for Indraneil as well. The movie is a web of human emotions, their relationships and how simple life choices affect us in a big way. Model-turned actress Tanushree has an important role as onscreen lover of Indraneil. This movie is about real people going through real life situations and it will surely appeal to the audience.
- Uro Chithi To Commence Shooting - Jul 28, 2010
- Music Release Of Bengali Movie Street Light - Aug 06, 2010
- First look at Bye Bye Bangkok - Sep 11, 2010
- Rohit Roy: I Would Love To Do A Bengali Film With Mansi - Dec 06, 2010
- Takhan Teyish To Release On January 21 - Jan 03, 2011
- Rudranil Ghosh: The Leading Man of Buddhadeb Ghosh's next film - Oct 07, 2010
- Locket Chatterjee Is Rocking - Oct 21, 2010
- Autograph To Release On Sept 24, 2010 - Aug 21, 2010
- Barkha Bisht To Take Up Hubby's Surname! - Oct 12, 2010
- ‘Arekti Premer Golpo’ Movie Review: Watch Out For Rituparno Ghosh , The Actor - Dec 24, 2010
- Sangeeta Nandi Plays Smriti Irani’s ‘Bahu’ In Amrita - Dec 31, 2010
- 'Autograph' To Premiere At MIAAC 2010 - Oct 19, 2010
- Review Of 'Takhan Teish': New Age Thriller With Excellent Performances! - Jan 22, 2011
- Nisha Kothari wants to work with Bengali directors - Apr 22, 2012
- Autograph To Premiere At The Abu Dhabi Film Festival - Oct 11, 2010
Tags: basic questions, bengali cinema, bengali film, chatterjee, cruel joke, directorial debut, film critics, filmmakers, housewife, human emotions, independent streak, life choices, life situations, personal relationships, raka, recession, simple life, soft spot, sudha, tanushree