Upcoming Fiction shows in 2010January 2nd, 2010 - 8:08 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
For the couch potato 2010 is sure to be a roller coaster ride with an entertaining line up of television programming all set to hit the sets. Along with the social dramas that are a hit nowadays, mythology, family fights and love tiffs are also in the race for the big, bad TRP battle.
Let’s take a quick peek into the upcoming schedule.
“Kalki’ is Smita Thackeray’s ambitious show having Ashutosh Rana in lead while it has been rumoured that Amitabh Bachchan and Jackie Shroff had been approached for significant roles. It’s said to be mythological story about lord Vishnu’s 10 avatars. “Devi’ will air on NDTV Imagine which will have story of a girl-child who is considered as a goddess as her birth brings rains in the village after a long drought.
“Do Saheliya’, which obviously is about two friends will mark Sudha Chandran’s comeback. JD Majethia’s untitled show once again brings a family drama which revolves around lives of four sisters. In competition is Asit Modi’s untitled show as he also brings a serious family drama.
Audience will be in splits as SAB TV comes up with a silent comedy ala Charlie Chaplin movies. NDTV’s funny Family show “Ghar Ki Baat Hai 2′ will tickle audience’s funny bone.
There are different genre shows coming up this year that may be breathers for audience from same old stuff like YRF’s “Seven’ a sci-fi fiction, “Powder’ a thriller chase drama based on underworld crime stories. Ekta Kapoor’s detective show will be competing with “Crime Patrol’ that returns back after long break for its second season and with similar themed show from the production house of Red Chillies.
Romance will also show its magic this year as shows like “Do Hanso Ka Joda’ and “Paheli’ are love stories with a difference which will compete to gain audience attention. YRF’s “Rishta.Com’ has two partners of a matchmaking company falling in love while “Mahi Way’ is the story of a cute, fat girl who doesn’t believe that being fat will obstruct her from meeting her dream boy and will mark Sharon Prabakar’s TV debut.
Social Dramas will also be seen on TV with “Dil Chahta Hai’ having Rajesh Kumar playing lead role of fat man with some obsessions and “Traffic Signal’ where three different women share their life experiences will be aired. “Visarjan’ on “Colors’ has the story of a village girl marrying a rich old guy to protect her identity will also compete in this category.
Seems like 2010 will be a treat with numerous kind of shows coming up and all set to impress viewers and gain viewership. So, viewers get set to watch the drama, romance, reality, comedy and let the begin!
-Chandana H. Buch/ Sampurn Media
- 'YRF TV driven by content, not TRPs' - Jan 25, 2011
- Yash Raj Films Television Is Back Again With A Bang - Dec 31, 2010
- Bollywood biggies walk the TV talk - Jun 02, 2012
- YRF TV Attempting To Make A Mark In Sony TV By Offering 'Khote Sikkey' - Jan 25, 2011
- YRF TV to launch on Sony Entertainment Television - Dec 23, 2009
- Great Expectations: Yash Raj Films bites the dust? - Feb 06, 2010
- Sikandar Kahrabanda To Enter Imagine's 'Do Hanso Ka Joda' - Jul 31, 2010
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
- A welcome change in TV content, courtesy YRF - Feb 08, 2010
- Yashraj TV launches on Sony - Dec 23, 2009
- On TV, Sony ruled the roost (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2011
- Sequel fever hits small screen - Feb 26, 2011
- Historical, mythological tales hit small screen - Jun 11, 2011
- Dharmendra To Recreate 'Sholay' Magic In Yamla Pagla Deewana - Nov 10, 2010
- Lopez plans show on lesbian couple - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: amitabh bachchan, ashutosh rana, audience attention, charlie chaplin, charlie chaplin movies, couch potato, crime patrol, family fights, jackie shroff, kalki, lord vishnu, mythological story, ndtv, rishta com, roller coaster ride, silent comedy, smita thackeray, social dramas, story of a girl, sudha chandran