Unseen Rolling Stones pics hidden in duffel bag for 40 yrs foundDecember 20th, 2010 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 20 (ANI): Fans of rock band The Rolling Stone could soon see some rare, unseen photographs of the band which were tucked away in a duffel bag for more than 40 years.
Taken by the band’s US tour manager, the late Bob Bonis, these pictures showcase the band from June 1964 to 1966 when they went from virtual unknowns to one of the greatest in the world, reports the Daily Mail.
Bonis, who helped organise the so-called British invasion of America by UK pop acts in the mid-Sixties, took more than 2,700 photos with his treasured Leica, recording the band in their most intimate moments.
The treasure trove of photographs includes shots of a 21-year-old Keith Richards and Brian Jones relaxing by their hotel pool and a smiling Mick Jagger posing in an open shirt and shades.
Bonis, who refused to publish his photos or write a book about his experiences, allowed a handful of pictures to be published in teen magazines in the Sixties.
He then stowed away the negatives and slides in a duffel bag unknown to anyone but his family and closest friends.
Now his son Alex has decided to make this personal archive public, and the result is a book called ‘The Lost Rolling Stones Photographs, The Bob Bonis Archive, 1964-1966′. (ANI)
- John Lennon, Mick Jaggers new pics unearthed - Mar 05, 2009
- Never-before-seen images show The Beatles on their last ever tour - Apr 07, 2011
- Mick Gagger wants best comedian for his new film - Apr 10, 2011
- Today is Mick Jagger's birthday - Jul 26, 2011
- Never-before-seen photos of James Bond revealed after 50 yrs - Feb 12, 2011
- No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Paul McCartney releases a book on his late wife Linda - Apr 18, 2011
- Lizzy Jagger risks her father's anger after nude photoshoot for Playboy - Apr 16, 2011
- Mick Jagger to make rock movie - Apr 10, 2011
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Rahman in Mick Jagger's new band - May 22, 2011
- Mick Jagger to give first solo performance on Grammys - Feb 04, 2011
- Kashmiri lensman bags MFI best photographer award (With Image) - Aug 19, 2011
- 'Keith Richards' seductress girlfriend almost broke up the Rolling Stones' - Oct 15, 2010
- Bob Dylan's rare photographs go on exhibit in Paris - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: ani fans, bonis, british invasion, daily mail, duffel bag, hotel pool, intimate moments, keith richards, mick jagger, mid sixties, personal archive, rock band, rolling stone, rolling stones, son alex, teen magazines, treasure trove, uk pop, unseen photographs, virtual unknowns