Unlimited Music Download-Free Of Cost

June 12th, 2010 - 5:14 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire  

June 12, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): Music lovers have yet another reason to rejoice as Nokia launches its music service, free of cost. Now you can download as many songs as you want from a whole range of artists, both national and international.

May be it sounds too good to be true but the Finish mobile handset makers have announced “Comes With Music’, a new music service, available with its cell phones, which enables its customers to download unlimited free music from the online stores. The launch is a move to fight against piracy and create a wider foundation in India.

Nokia India’s marketing director, Vineet Taneja says that piracy needs to be fought by making convincing, significant and exclusive content and using subscription models which are almost free. Speaking about the service he added that the customers will get access to download unlimited music from the Nokia Music store, which will offer 3.5 million tracks of all varieties, from Indian and international labels, for a year.

Customers can either download music by using GPRS or over wireless Internet. They can also connect their handsets to a PC for downloading the music..

The Nokia Music Store has been established in India since July 2009. The music software also supports Indian languages which include Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Sanskrit, Konkani, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil and Hindi.

Nokia has also tied up with independent Indian record labels like T-Series, Venus, Tips, Big Music, Eros and Indian Music Industry (IMI).

Analysts consider Nokia’s plan to enhance appeal to the youth helping it to compete with Samsung, Siemens and LG.

The music service will be offered on two prominent models. A mid-end handset that will cost somewhere between Rs.6000 and a top-end handset that will be priced at more than Rs. 15000.

According to the industry experts, a large part of the value-added services (VAS) business worth $1.60 billion in India, has remained unknown in the country. Music has remained the basis of VAS profits, bringing in as much as 90% overall; the remaining 10% includes ring tones, caller tunes and games.

Nokia leads the market In worldwide mobile phone sales with 36% market share ahead of Samsung and LG.

-Sampurn Wire

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe