Uncertainty over Amitabh’s health creates flutterOctober 13th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 13 (IANS) Uncertainty over the medical condition of megastar Amitabh Bachchan created a mild flutter here Monday but the hospital he is being treated in insisted he was recovering though it was too early to say when he would be discharged.”There is no deterioration in his health and he is showing signs of improvement,” Lilavati Hospital spokesperson Mohan Rajan told IANS.
“The doctors are not ready to comment about his getting discharged and the sort of tests he is undergoing, respecting the privacy of the actor. We don’t want any baseless rumours to surface. He needs rest,” Rajan added.
However, a source at the hospital said Amitabh’s abdominal pain resurfaced due to unknown reasons and an endoscopy had to be performed on him.
“The doctors are trying to diagnose the cause of the pain,” the source told IANS.
The source also said that henceforth, the Bachchan family and not the hospital would be issuing statements on the actor’s condition.
“Whatever statement will be issued now will come from the Bachchan family and not from the hospital,” the source said.
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- I am better, says Amitabh - Feb 15, 2012
- Big B unlikely to be discharged Tuesday - Feb 14, 2012
- After pain, Big B remains in hospital (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- No more surgery, Big B fine - Feb 18, 2012
- Amitabh likely to undergo another surgery? - Feb 17, 2012
- Fresh medical issues have come up: Big B - Feb 16, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan still in incredible pain - Feb 14, 2012
- Dad's surgery went off smoothly: Abhishek Bachchan (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Big B comes out to greet well-wishers (With Image) - Feb 27, 2012
- Big B getting back to normal - Feb 22, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan discharged from hospital (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Will be home in few days, full recovery to take months: Big B (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012