Uma Thurman’s stalker sent to jail for more creepy callsDecember 18th, 2010 - 1:55 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 18 (ANI): Uma Thurman’s stalker has been sent to jail by a New York judge over more creepy calls to the actress.
Jack Jordan was dispatched to Rikers Island after the 39-year-old mental patient was hit with charges of criminal contempt, stalking and aggravated harassment, reports the New York Daily News.
Two years ago, before sentencing Jordan to five years probation, Justice Gregory Carro warned him “you most certainly will go to jail” if he tried to contact the “Kill Bill” actress again.
Carro made good on his promise - and even turned down a request by Jordan’s attorney that he be placed in protective custody. The lawyer claimed Jordan was attacked the last time he was in Rikers.
There also was no immediate reaction from Thurman, who testified during Jordan’s wrenching trial that he had stalked her for years - and that she feared for her safety.
Thurman’s stalker was arrested in Maryland just before Thanksgiving after cops said he violated his probation by calling Thurman two times.
Jordan “made numerous telephone calls to Miss Thurman’s home on Oct. 29th and Oct. 30th,” prosecutor Michelle Kaminsky told the court.
“During one of the phone calls to a house guest, the defendant got very agitated and asked the house guest to step outside.”
In a Nov. 2 telephone conversation with cops, Jordan “stated that he had made a mistake,” court papers stated.
“He went on to explain that he got drunk and made some phone calls to try to speak to Uma Thurman.”
A diagnosed schizophrenic, Jordan was indicted shortly after his arrest by a Manhattan and extradited to New York.(ANI)
- Uma Thurman: Stalker Sent To Rikers Island - Dec 18, 2010
- Judge sets half million dollar bail for Uma Thurman's stalker - Dec 23, 2010
- Uma Thurman's stalker 'strikes again' - Nov 02, 2010
- Uma Thurman's stalker arrested - Dec 02, 2010
- Uma Thurman's stalker 'arrested after calling her twice' - Dec 01, 2010
- Thurman's stalker remanded in custody - Dec 18, 2010
- Uma Thurman's stalker violates probation order - Nov 03, 2010
- Uma Thurman freaked out with stalker Jack Jordan's ways - Nov 02, 2010
- Ivanka Trump's 'schizophrenic stalker extradited to New York' - Mar 23, 2011
- Ivanka Trump's fugitive suspected stalker jailed in LA - Feb 13, 2011
- Baldwin's stalker accused of 20 new counts - Jul 29, 2012
- Pakistani stalker of JFK's granddaughter wants to go to trial - Feb 15, 2011
- Thurman to star as guest on small screen - Dec 10, 2011
- Is Uma Thurman a cougar? - Apr 08, 2011
- Is Wayne back to his wild ways? - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: carro, criminal contempt, defendant, harassment, house guest, jack jordan, kaminsky, kill bill, mental patient, new york daily news, new york dec, nov 2, probation, prosecutor, protective custody, schizophrenic, telephone conversation, uma thurman, york daily news, york judge