Uma Thurman joins fight against breast cancerJune 15th, 2010 - 2:21 am ICT by IANS
London, June 15 (IANS) Hollywood actress Uma Thurman is set to spearhead a campaign against breast cancer.
She has teamed up with Saks Fifth Avenue and Donna Karan to create awareness about breast cancer and has been named as the ambassador for Saks’ Annual Key to the Cure shopping event.
“Everyone I know has been affected by breast cancer one way or the other. It is vital that we work toward a cure as well as develop more accurate and advance testing,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
Thurman will star in print adverts as well as a national public service announcement, in which she will wear a limited-edition T-shirt designed by Donna Karan.
All proceeds from the $35 top will be donated to local partner charities and the designer wanted to do her bit to help.
She said: “For me, it’s not just about dressing women; it’s about addressing the issues that are so important to all of us.”
- Penelope Cruz backs cancer charity - Jul 21, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson loses out at Hugh Jackman shirt's auction - Dec 23, 2011
- Parents sue Urban Outfitters for $28 million - Aug 19, 2011
- Melanie Brown sells dresses for charity - Jun 13, 2012
- When White House didn't mind the f-word - Oct 28, 2010
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Takes Off - Oct 06, 2010
- Lady Gaga designs T-shirt for Japan victims - Jun 24, 2011
- Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend poses nude for Marc Jacobs' T-shirt - Apr 15, 2011
- Gwen Stefani donates $1m to relief effort in Japan - Mar 25, 2011
- Nancy Brinker's annual salary is $5 million - Feb 07, 2012
- Iron Maiden selling t-shirts to help Japan - Mar 19, 2011
- Celebrities design bras for breast cancer charity's auction - Feb 06, 2011
- Kylie Minogue launches design contest - May 31, 2011
- Thurman to star as guest on small screen - Dec 10, 2011
- Sonam asks fans for special birthday gift - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: actress uma thurman, ambassador, breast cancer, charities, donna karan, hollywood, hollywood actress, limited edition, london, proceeds, public service announcement, saks, saks fifth avenue, shopping, t shirt, uma thurman