Uma Thurman gets back ‘Eloise In Paris’ role after settling lawsuitAugust 10th, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 10 (ANI): American actress Uma Thurman has got back her role in the planned movie adaptation of children’s classic ‘Eloise In Paris’ after she settled a lawsuit with producers over the stalled shoot.
Bosses of HandMade Films signed Thurman in 2008 to star as the nanny in a movie version of the 1950s book, about a young girl who goes to Paris for Fashion Week.
However, Thurman hired lawyer Bert Fields in January 2010 to sue the company for 6.4 million pounds, claiming that shooting had yet to begin on the picture and she had missed out on other work during that period, reports The Daily Express.
According to industry publication Variety, both the sides have now reached a settlement and the film is back on.
“I am delighted to begin a fresh relationship with HandMade Films and look forward to helping to bring Eloise to the big screen,” a statement by the 40-year-old actress said. (ANI)
- Uma Thurman's contract reveals her 'do's and don'ts' list - Feb 28, 2010
- When Thurman felt like a sex object - Aug 21, 2012
- Uma Thurman to romance Pattinson on screen - Nov 21, 2009
- Robert Pattinson To Star In Lovemaking Scene With Uma Thurman - Jan 12, 2010
- Robert Pattinson's new look for 'Bel Ami' released - Feb 04, 2012
- Catherine Zeta Jones's back to work after battling from bipolar disorder - Apr 18, 2011
- Gerard Butler to romance Biel, Zeta-Jones and Thurman in new flick - Apr 07, 2011
- Thurman to star as guest on small screen - Dec 10, 2011
- 9-year-old Jordana Beatty to star in Eloise in Paris - Apr 24, 2008
- Lindsay Lohan loses her dream role - Apr 24, 2011
- Medusa's story looks at crimes against women: Uma Thurman - Feb 18, 2010
- Uma Thurman dismisses Robert Pattinson romance rumours - Dec 09, 2009
- Pattinson locks lips with Christina Ricci - Sep 02, 2011
- Thurman's wears salwar-kameez for TV show - Feb 03, 2012
- Uma Thurman's stalker 'arrested after calling her twice' - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: 1950s, actress uma thurman, american actress, bert fields, daily express, eloise in paris, fashion week, films, industry publication, lawyer, london, movie adaptation, nanny, producers, relationship, uma thurman, young girl