‘Ultimate underdog’ Kris Allen wins ‘American Idol 8′May 21st, 2009 - 12:46 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 21 (ANI): It was the “underdog” season on American Idol. After 19 weeks, the US chose clean-cut country boy Kris Allen as the country’s singer.
Allen, 23, knocked glam god Adam Lambert off his pedestal to become the series’ eighth title winner.
Although Adam was an early favorite with his huge vocals and in-your-face style and confidence, it was never a foregone conclusion he would win the final vote, reports The New York Daily News.
For Lambert, a wild card was his sexuality - few months ago he was spotted kissing a man.
Also his singing and fashion style was reminiscent of gay icons from Queen singer Freddie Mercury to k.d. lang.
As for Allen, he often talked about his wife and his church attendance. (ANI)
- Can Adam Be the Next Lead Singer of Queen? - May 22, 2009
- Kris Allen Wins American Idol 2009 - May 21, 2009
- Adam Lambert's Idol dreams go out of tune - May 22, 2009
- American Idol Rocks to Elvis - Apr 15, 2010
- Malaysia slaps 'no sexuality' rider for allowing Adam Lambert concert - Oct 12, 2010
- Kris Allen wins American Idol 2009 crown in controversial finish - May 21, 2009
- Carlos Santana Comes to American Idol - May 22, 2009
- Google and others remember Freddy Mercury - Sep 05, 2011
- Perry to don Mercury look for charity - Sep 01, 2011
- Its Reigning Gold For Adam Lambert! - Nov 27, 2010
- American Idol Kris Allen signs record deal with Universal Music - Apr 18, 2010
- April 29 episode of American Idol was a shocker - Apr 30, 2009
- ABC comes under fire over Chris Brown interview - Nov 26, 2009
- Adam Lambert's Album Sales Records Gold In Malaysia - Nov 15, 2010
- Kris Allen Speaks About "American Idol" Premiere On January 19 And Its Judges - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: american idol, church attendance, eighth title, face style, fashion style, foregone conclusion, freddie mercury, gay icons, glam, k d lang, mercury, new york daily news, pedestal, s singer, sexuality, singer freddie mercury, title winner, underdog, wild card, york daily news