U.K. prison officers blast Bronson producers for glorifying a violent criminalMarch 6th, 2009 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 6 (ANI): U.K. prison officials have blasted a new film, which is based on the life of a violent British criminal.
The U.K.’’s Prison Officers” Association condemned the producers of the film Bronson for “glorifying” the life of Charles Bronson, who was jailed for armed robbery in 1974, and has been behind bars ever since because of assaults on fellow inmates and prison guards.
The 56-year-old thug, who is serving time in a Wakefield, Yorkshire prison, has also led an infamous rooftop protest at the jail, as well as taking staff hostage.
The British prison officers are just not happy with the film based on his life, and say that Bronsons notoriety should not be celebrated.
“We should not be glorifying this type of behaviour. This man has spent the best part of his life behind bars for causing harm to people, the Daily Express quoted Colin Moses, the Chairman of the Prison Officers” Association, as saying.
“He has caused trauma to hard-working, law-abiding people who will never work again. Bronson is not a victim, he is the perpetrator,” Moses added.
Bronsons character in the film has been played by Brit actor Tom Hardy, who is best known for his roles in gangster films Layer Cake and RocknRolla.
The film is scheduled for release in the U.K. on March 13. (ANI)
- Tom Hardy might be the next big star of Hollywood. - Sep 07, 2010
- Tom Hardy Asserts That He Has Had Sexual Ties With Gay Men - Jul 30, 2010
- Newton's schizophrenic film career - Sep 20, 2011
- When Madonna left Thomas Hardy starstruck - Aug 01, 2010
- British jail where prisoners enjoy adult DVDs - Jul 30, 2012
- Star Trek film tops 2009's most pirated film list - Dec 25, 2009
- Madonna says divorcing Guy Ritchie was hard - Oct 15, 2009
- Lohan still onboard with the 'Gotti' biopic - May 15, 2011
- Hollywood stylist dresses up John for next film - Jul 08, 2009
- British prison officer caught in bed with convict - Apr 13, 2012
- Tom Hardy to Play in the Next 'Batman' and 'Mad Max' - Oct 14, 2010
- Tom Hardy plays to prepare for tough roles - May 21, 2012
- West Bengal government to release 40 lifers - Mar 14, 2012
- Is Jennifer Aniston dating Gerard Butler? - Apr 20, 2009
- Pictures of politicians, film stars removed from Kerala jails - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: armed robbery, british prison, charles bronson, daily express, fellow inmates, gangster films, hostage, layer cake, life behind bars, london march, new film, notoriety, perpetrator, prison guards, prison officers association, prison officials, serving time, thug, tom hardy, wakefield