Uday’s acting takes backseat, production in focusJuly 25th, 2012 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 25 (IANS) Uday Chopra has decided to put his acting career on the back burner and says his entire focus is on his home banner Yash Raj Films’ (YRF) Hollywood wing, based in Los Angeles.
“I feel that this (production) is the next thing I can do. I feel that I can’t go beyond a certain point (as an actor). I cannot become an Aamir Khan today, I know that. I can’t become that big a star, no matter what I do,” said Uday, who was last seen in 2010 film “Pyaar Impossible”.
Nevertheless, he is trying to break new grounds now.
“I am ambitious and I want to try something new. Maybe doing what my father (Yash Chopra) has always done, might be lucky for me. I’m concentrating on the production part. I’m taking a backseat in terms of acting. I might just do a film here or there, but mostly I will be behind the camera,” he added.
He is currently the CEO of YRF Entertainment, which has already completed “The Longest Week”, to be released soon. They will be starting work on their next project, “Grace To Monaco” in December.
- YRF Entertainment to produce, finance Nicole Kidman-starrer - May 19, 2012
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Uday Chopra calls big brother 'Voldemort' - Dec 28, 2011
- Preity finds her junior version (Movie Snippets) - Jun 28, 2012
- I'm honoured to be working with Yash-ji: Salman (With Images) - May 04, 2011
- No delay in 'Dhoom: 3': YRF - Mar 27, 2012
- Parineeti in Priyanka's footsteps, only for 'Fashion' - May 19, 2012
- 'Bunty Aur Babli' in English to be quirkier - Jul 25, 2012
- Uday dines with Olivia Wilde, Jason Bateman - Dec 18, 2011
- Not dating Parineeti, says Uday Chopra - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Dhoom 3' first Bollywood film to release in IMAX - Sep 21, 2012
- SRK remembers late father (Movie Snippets) - Sep 19, 2012
- Jugal Hansraj back to acting, but on small screen - Apr 16, 2010
- 'Dhoom 3' release shifted to 2013 - Oct 17, 2011