Uday Chopra Turns Screenwriter For Pyar ImpossibleJune 14th, 2009 - 3:29 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
Suddenly the reclusive younger scion of the Yashraj empire, last seen in Dhoom 2 playing the prankster Ali, is back in action in a multitude of roles.
Uday Chopra is starring in two back-to-back films, David Dhawan’s Hook Ya Crook where he teams up with his Dhoom co-star John Abraham, and the home production now given the intriguingly romantic title of Pyar Impossible, an intense love story where Uday co-stars with the hot-and-saleable Priyanka Chopra.
Now it comes to light that Uday is not only playing the lead in Pyar Impossible he has also written the screenplay and has been working at it for nearly a year before asking pal Jugal Hansraj to direct the love story.
Pyar Impossible apparently has a plotline echoing Notting Hill about the relationship that grows between a star played by Julia Roberts and her fan Hugh Grant.
Says Priyanka, “It’s the only script I”ve liked in recent months. I can’t tell you much about the film’s plot. And I can’t even tell you the title. But when I heard the script I jumped. I’ve been hearing a lot of scripts because I’ve really not been sure about what to do after Ashutosh Goawriker’s What’s Your Raashee. When I heard the script for Uday’s film I got so excited. It was….so beautiful Any actress’ dream role. I reacted as a member of the audience.”
Priyanka and Uday are not exactly friends. In fact Pyar Impossible would be Priyanka’s first film for Yashraj.
“Uday and I have bumped into one another socially. I know him. But not well enough to call him a friend,” says Priyanka.
It’s rumoured that before Love Impossible Priyanka was offered the chance to do a cameo in a song with Shah Rukh Khan in Yashraj’s Love Ne Bana Di Jodi. An offer she declined since she had to share the song with three other leading ladies.
“Not true,” corrects Priyanka. “I’ve just done a song with Shah Rukh in Billoo Barbar. And there’re two other songs with other actresses (Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor). I was never offered Rab Ne … So this film with Uday will be my first Yashraj film. So it’s special on many counts.”
It’s also special for Uday Chopra who not only gets to do a full-on love story with Priyanka , he also turns screenwriter.
Most Yashraj watchers feel screenwriting is a giant step for Uday towads turning director.
- Priyanka signs her first Yash Raj movie - Jun 16, 2009
- 'Dhoom' great franchise to be part of, says 'villain' Aamir - Feb 03, 2011
- Pritish Nandy calls Emraan 'special actor' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- 'Pyaar Impossible' not a classic like 'Mughal-e-Azam': Priyanka Chopra - Dec 20, 2009
- 'Pyaar Impossible' all about people's looks: Uday Chopra - Dec 28, 2009
- Priyanka heads for London to promote 'Barfi!' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2012
- I'm happy that I am directing 'Dhoom 3': Victor - Mar 21, 2011
- All my love moments had been impossible: Uday Chopra - Dec 10, 2009
- Uday Chopra to quit acting after 'Dhoom 3' - Jun 28, 2011
- Not been approached for 'Dhoom 3': Priyanka - Feb 15, 2011
- No delay in 'Dhoom: 3': YRF - Mar 27, 2012
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
- Kunal Kohli apes late Vijay Anand's style in 'Uff' - Jun 06, 2012
- Barbara Mori dislikes Indian food (Snippets) - May 08, 2010
- Aamir Khan opts for simple look in 'Dhoom 3' - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: barbar, co star, co stars, david dhawan, deepika padukone, dhoom 2, dream role, hugh grant, john abraham, jugal hansraj, julia roberts, kareena, love story, plotline, prankster, priyanka chopra, s hook, shah rukh khan, subhash, uday chopra