‘Uda’ another failed attempt by Shashank Raj (Kannada Film Review)April 19th, 2009 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Uda”; Cast: Yuvaraj, Sanchitha, Nisha Shetty, Swathi, Padma Vasanthi, Muni, Harish Raj, Sathyajith, Killer Venkatesh and others; Director: Shashank Raj; Producer: Akbar Pasha; Music Director: Bharani Shree; Camera: R. Nageshwara Rao; Rating: *
“Uda” is an absolute disaster from the beginning. None of the new artists has been able to perform. Only Nageshwara Rao and Bharani Sree are the two pillars of the film.
Shashank Raj, who claims to have worked with a brilliant director like Ravichandran in many films, has failed to tune the script.
“Uda” proves that Shashank Raj has not learnt any lessons from the failure of his debut film. There is no justification to the title. There is no logic in any of the sequences including songs. And the so called comedy scenes will make you angry.
It’s a pity that such directors are able to convince producers to invest money in their projects.
The hero of the film is a mad and has been misused by three villains. Though the hero is mad, he is strong enough to defeat his enemies.
The hero lost his mental balance when his beloved dumped him. After a sequence of events, he is united with his girlfriend who also lost her mental balance.
Then there is a flashback that shows the secret behind their “mad avatars”.
All the new artists fail to perform. Seasoned actors like Muni, Harish Rai, Sathyajith and Killer Venkatesh are just passable.
Camera and music departments have done nothing to write home about.
- Avoid watching 'Naavika' (Kannada Movie Review) - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Aata': Sumanth impresses, narration disappoints (Kannada Film Review) - Nov 19, 2011
- 'Tsunami' - watch it at your own risk (Kannada Movie Review) - Jan 22, 2012
- 'Dammu' - high on action, low on content (Telugu Movie Review) - Apr 28, 2012
- S.V. Ranga Rao makes an unimpressive debut with 'Mr. 7' (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 05, 2012
- Good screenplay and better performances could have saved 'Minugu' (Kannada Film Review) - Jan 03, 2010
- Pawan Kalyan hits the bull's eye with 'Gabbar Singh' (Telugu Movie Review) - May 13, 2012
- 'KSD Appalraju' not Varma's best work (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 20, 2011
- 'Raavana' - another remake fails to impress(Kannada Film Review) - Dec 05, 2009
- 'Challenge' engaging, entertaining (Kannada Movie Review) - Aug 19, 2012
- 'Bhagirathi' good one time watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 08, 2012
- Kannada fim 'Bete' sheer waste of time (Kannada film review) - Dec 25, 2011
- 'God Father' treat for Upendra fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 29, 2012
- 'Prarthane' entertains and educates; must watch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jan 08, 2012
- Harish Raj's directorial venture 'Gun' passable (Kannada Film Review, Rating **) - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: absolute disaster, avatars, debut film, enemies, flashback, harish, justification, mental balance, music departments, music director, pasha, pillars, raj, ravichandran, sequence of events, sequences, sree, swathi, venkatesh, villains