U2s Bono is now a part-time journalistJanuary 12th, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 12 (ANI): Bono, the vocalist of the Irish rock band U2, has now become a part-time journalist.
The singer, who has been a contributing columnist for the New York Times, would now be penning his write-ups for the paper on a variety of issues.
The renowned environmental activist based his first piece on his New Year in Dublin, before crediting Frank Sinatra and his memory snaps of meeting the veteran.
“Sinatra’’s voice is improved by age, by years spent fermenting in cracked and whiskeyed oak barrels, the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
“As a communicator, hitting the notes is only part of the story, of course, he added.
The 48-year-old, who shared tunes with Sinatra on the 1993 Duets album, further recalled the advice bestowed upon him by the music legend.
Rebrushing the wisdom, Bono added: “Being modern’’s not about the future, it’’s about the present.
“I think about this now, in this new year. The Big Bang of pop music telling me it’’s all about the moment, a fresh canvas and never overworking the paint.” (ANI)
- More in Ireland for Indians than Guinness, Jameson (With Images) - Jan 18, 2012
- When Bono wrote a song for Sinatra - Dec 14, 2009
- Bono makes Zeta-Jones nervous - Mar 18, 2012
- Johnny Walker make way, bourbon will be here soon - Mar 24, 2011
- Bono sparks anger in SA for endorsing 'Shoot the Boer' song - Feb 14, 2011
- Louis Walsh accuser arrested - Jun 30, 2011
- Chaz Bono Is A Man Lawfully - May 07, 2010
- Simon Cowell presented a Frank Sinatra's handkerchief on the sets of American Idol - May 06, 2010
- Howard Jacobson Deserves The Booker Prize - Oct 15, 2010
- Frank Buckley builds a house of shredded notes - Jan 25, 2012
- Ireland courts Bollywood with money-back guarantee - Jan 15, 2012
- U2 hated living with Bono - Oct 31, 2011
- In Kashmir, music was not considered good: Singer Saim Bhat (Interview) - Mar 13, 2012
- Oprah Winfrey Rejected By Bono! - Dec 22, 2010
- Amnesty activists held at U2 gig in Russia - Aug 26, 2010
Tags: big bang, canvas, columnist, dublin, duets, environmental activist, frank sinatra, irish rock, journalist, music legend, new year, new york times, oak barrels, part time, pop music, rock band u2, telegraph, ups, veteran, vocalist