Tyra Banks’ stalker sentenced to 1yr probationJune 19th, 2009 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jun 19 (ANI): A Georgia man, who had been stalking and harassing talk show host Tyra Banks, was on June 18 sentenced to one year of probation.
The stalker, Brady Green, 39, has also been barred from contacting the former supermodel for two years, and was also ordered to complete an anti-stalking course.
Green, who wore a shiny brown suit, declined to comment after the sentencing in Manhattan Criminal Court, and so did his lawyer.
Banks was not present during the hearing, and prosecutors described Green as having developed an “unhealthy obsession” while watching the actress’ show in his hometown of Dublin, Ga.
Banks had testified against him in April, saying that she was “terrified”, after she and her staffers had to barricade themselves in her dressing room when Green tried to slip past security on ‘The Tyra Banks Show’ in March 2008.
“I fear the safety of my staffers. I fear the safety of my family,” the New York Daily News quoted her as testifying.
Green had said during the trial that he only wanted to score tickets for the show. (ANI)
- Uma Thurman's stalker sent to jail for more creepy calls - Dec 18, 2010
- Uma Thurman: Stalker Sent To Rikers Island - Dec 18, 2010
- ESPN Correspondent Erin Andrews To Support Stronger Anti-Stalking Laws - Jul 28, 2010
- Erin Andrews Calls For Tougher Anti-Stalking Laws - Jul 28, 2010
- Banks gets restraining order against stalker - Oct 30, 2010
- Serena Williams' stalker arrested outside her Florida estate - May 04, 2011
- Judge sets half million dollar bail for Uma Thurman's stalker - Dec 23, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan: Shifted From Betty Ford Clinic For Security Reasons - Dec 20, 2010
- Kathryn Erbe's stalker sentenced - Sep 08, 2011
- Lohan granted restraining order from online stalker - Jun 10, 2011
- Georgia man found guilty of stalking, harassing Tyra Banks - May 01, 2009
- Delhi Police to start anti-stalker cell soon - Apr 23, 2010
- Uma Thurman's stalker 'strikes again' - Nov 02, 2010
- DWTS Update: Erin Andrews to continue on the show despite death threats - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna says she's not afraid of 'stalker' - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: actress, brady, brown suit, dressing room, dublin ga, georgia man, hometown, lawyer, manhattan criminal court, new york daily news, probation, prosecutors, staffers, supermodel, talk show host, tyra banks, unhealthy obsession, york daily news, york jun