Tyler landed ‘American Idol’ job because of DioguardiApril 28th, 2011 - 7:13 am ICT by IANS
London, April 28 (IANS) Rocker Steven Tyler has singer and songwriter Kara Dioguardi to thank for his position as an “American Idol” judge on the hit US television show, as she suggested his name to the producers.
“I’m a huge fan of Steven Tyler’s. He actually came over to write a song last year and I just found out he’s so warm and funny and sensitive. I actually mentioned his name to the (American Idol) producers,” dailystar.co.uk quoted Dioguardi as saying.
The Aerosmith frontman joined the programme last year after music mogul Simon Cowell and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres dropped out.
- Steven Tyler Of 'Aerosmith' Purportedly Enrolls Himself In 'American Idol' As Its Judge - Aug 19, 2010
- J.Lo, Stephen Tyler to judge 'American Idol' - Sep 23, 2010
- Sir Elton John finds 'American Idol' boring - Oct 20, 2010
- "American Idol" Premieres Tonight With New Judges - Jan 19, 2011
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- Justin Timberlake on 'American Idol'? - Jul 28, 2010
- "American Idol" Season 10 Kicks Off With New Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Lopez to get $12 mn for judging 'American Idol' - Sep 14, 2010
- Randy Jackson Asserts That Occupying Simon Cowell’s Chair Is A Weird Experience - Jan 20, 2011
- "American Idol" Sacks Kara DioGuardi? - Jul 31, 2010
- Steven Tyler To Judge "American Idol"? - Aug 22, 2010
- 'American Idol' Season 10, Day 1 Review: Change Of Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Steven Tyler The Next 'Idol' Judge? - Aug 19, 2010
- Steven Tyler to be next 'American Idol' judge? - Aug 04, 2010
- Rocker Steven Tyler signs a deal with Fox to be the American Idol judge - Aug 22, 2010