Two top shows goes down on the TRP chartsMarch 18th, 2009 - 9:47 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
The latest TRP ratings out today indicate a major fall in the rating of the 2 lead shows i.e. Ballika Vadhu( Colours) and Sapnaa Babul Ka…Bidaai ( Star Plus). The former has tanked to 5.8 from a peak of 10 which it had reached with the death of Sugana’ husband Pratap. This Colours show was normally averaging around 8. Even the latter which also was doing an 8 had dropped to 6.3.
But the surprise package this week has been the rise of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. This Star Plus show on arranged marriage produced by Rajan Sahi has become number 1, with a rating of 6.4. a notch below Bidaai also produced by Rajan Sahi.
Rajan accepts that the ratings of Bidaai have fallen a bit, “This will happen for we don’t want to make every episode a high point. The story is gearing up for a major drama. I would go so much to say that the saga actually began with now with both Ragani and Sadhna married. Once the new drama sets in the ratings will again surely rise.
Rajan is also not afraid of the upcoming IPL tournament, “Even last season Bidaai got very high rating. I sincerely believe that we have a loyal audience who will come back even during the cricket craze. Hence I don’t feel the need to resort to stunts”" Most GEC channels had avoided launching new show last year during the first edition of IPL He further says that the current band of 6-8 TRP rating is quite good given the fact most other shows don’t do more then 2/3.
A source from Colour says that they accept that Ballika has dropped and that they will sit down to find out reasons for this drop. They accept that cricket may be one of the reason ( SET Max is second in GRP race) . But the Colour source says that their other new shows are doing well. “Na Aana Iss Desh: Laado and Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari’ and Laadli are giving good numbers 3.5 and 2.3 TVR respectively . And the Balaji horror show Koi Aane Ko Hai which replaced Dancing Queen is also giving a 2.8 which is quite good given the fact that fiction does not do quite will on the weekend slot.” ended the source. -Sampurn Media
- IPL 3 off to a slow start, Anandi, Akshara rule - Mar 19, 2010
- ''Bidaai' Comes To An End On Star Plus - Nov 15, 2010
- STAR Plus rules again! - Mar 04, 2010
- Rajan Shahi says 'yeh meri Dilli' with new show! - Jan 04, 2012
- Star Plus Zooms Ahead With 443 GRPs - Jun 24, 2010
- 'Jamuna Paar' crew shoots at India Gate (With Images) - Feb 24, 2012
- It's romance over reality - 'Swayamvar 3' gets lowest TRP - May 31, 2011
- Ekta Kapoor or Rajan Shahi; winner declared! - Aug 26, 2010
- Cry baby Hina Khan pulls Yeh Rishta to top! - Feb 17, 2010
- Angad Hasija Celebrates Anniversary Of His First Love - Sep 24, 2010
- L'il Masters rocks; Chak.. booms, Nachke.. doomed? - May 06, 2010
- Ekta Kapoor-Rajan Shahi; Battle for TRP again! - Aug 23, 2010
- Kinshuk Mahajan being groomed for 'Chaand Chhupa Badal Mein' - Sep 16, 2010
- Ashita Dhawan Owes Her Fame To Rajan Shahi - Aug 30, 2010
- Sulagna Compares 'Do Saheliyaan' With 'Bidaai' - Aug 18, 2010