Two killed, 32 hurt in Kohat suicide attacksAugust 29th, 2008 - 7:58 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Aug.29 (ANI): Two people were killed and 32, including 25 security men were injured in three suicide attacks in Kohat on Friday.
The News quoted sources, as saying that the suicide bombers attempted to ram three explosive-laden vehicles at security forces camp in a building near Kohat tunnel in Darra Adamkhel.
The first suicide bomber drove his double cab towards the building housing security forces, but security personnel opened fire on the vehicle before he could reach the structure.
As the bullets struck the car, it exploded at the gate of the complex. Second car was blasted after hitting the wall whereas third suicide bomber left the car at the gate of the camp and managed to flee. Two persons were killed in the blast
Inspector of tunnel security forces William Johnson and 32 others including 25 security men wounded in the blast. The injured were shifted to CMH Kohat. Security forces have cordoned off the area. (ANI)
- 2 killed, 32 hurt in Kohat suicide attacks - Aug 29, 2008
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Three dead in shrine blast in northern Pakistan - Feb 05, 2011
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Pak security forces foil terror plan in Hangu, recover explosive-laden vehicle - Dec 25, 2010
- 25 killed, 75 wounded in Iraq suicide car bombing - May 05, 2011
- 15 killed in suicide blasts targeting Shiites in Lahore, Karachi (Third Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- Five killed in suicide blast in Pakistan - Mar 24, 2011
- Six kids hurt in Pakistan blast - Jul 25, 2012
- 11 soldiers killed in Iraq car bombing - Mar 14, 2011
- Eight die in suicide bombing in Pakistan tunnel (Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan claims responsibility for Kohat car bomb attack - Apr 19, 2010
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Twenty killed, forty injured in Mardan Cantonment suicide blast - Feb 10, 2011
- 13 killed in suicide blast in Lahore Shiite procession (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2011