Two held for alleged links with Ahmedabad blastsSeptember 16th, 2008 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
Ahmedabad, Sept 16 (ANI): The city crime branch has arrested two more persons in connection with the Ahmedabad serial blasts that took 55 lives.
Police have also released photographs of four more suspects for their alleged involvement in the blast.
According to sources, the two persons arrested belong to Juhapura and Bapunagar areas of Ahmedabad.
At least 16 bombs exploded in Ahmedabad on July 26, a day after another set of blasts in Bangalore killed a woman. Three days later, several unexploded bombs were found in Gujarat’’s Surat town.
A little-known group called the “Indian Mujahideen” had claimed responsibility for the Ahmedabad attacks. But police said Indian Mujahideen was just “another identity” for SIMI.
SIMI, a Muslim group has been blamed by police for almost every major bomb attack in India, including explosions on trains in Mumbai two years ago which killed 187 people. (ANI)
- Court remands Ahmedabad blasts suspects to 14-day police custody - Aug 17, 2008
- SIMI activists produced in court over Ahmedabad blasts - Aug 23, 2008
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Kin of Ahmedabad blasts pray for departed souls - Aug 26, 2008
- Many links between Ahmedabad, Pune blasts - Feb 17, 2010
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- Blasts came two days after 5th anniversary of train bombings - Jul 14, 2011
- SIMI activist nabbed in Gujarat - Jul 27, 2010
- Terrorist shot dead in Aurangabad - Mar 26, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen suspected behind Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Security beefed up in Ranchi after blast threat - Sep 22, 2011
- Probe widens in Mumbai blasts, detonators remain mystery - Jul 18, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility for Varanasi blast - Dec 07, 2010
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges filed against two - May 15, 2010
- 5 SIMI activists arrested in Indore - Oct 21, 2009