Twilight birthing scene triggers seizuresNovember 25th, 2011 - 7:41 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Nov 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Reports of seizures have been reported in various places after watching the birthing scene of the Twilight movie “Breaking Dawn: Part One.” The movie was released at the theaters last week.
Analysts say the victims probably suffered from photosensitive epilepsy which is caused by sudden flashing of different lights. The medical director of pediatric neurology and epilepsy for Sutter Sacramento, Dr. Michael G. Chez, explained to reporters that “It’s like a light switch going off, because it hits your brain all at once… the trouble with theaters, it’s dark, the lights flashing in there is more like a strobe light.”
In one instance, movie-goer Kelly Bauman said she got to the cinema with Brandon Gephart and shortly after the scene came in, Gephart started convulsing. The paramedics were called in and they carried him out. The screening was also stopped as a precaution. There was another reported case in Utah where a man passed out after the scene.
Several people have reported leaving the theaters early because of the scene. Scientists suggest wearing blue lenses when going out to watch the movie especially the birthing scene.
The scene is question is where Bella gave birth to the child of Edward. The scene is graphic with so much tension.
- Two fall ill after horror movie screening in US - Jan 31, 2012
- Latest Kanye West video 'can trigger epileptic seizures' - Feb 24, 2011
- EMS Called as Danny Boyle's Movie Causes Watchers to Faint and Vomit - Oct 30, 2010
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Edward-Bella Die A Bloody Death In ‘Breaking Dawn’ - Dec 30, 2010
- "No One Killed Jessica" All Set To Hit Theaters Tomorrow - Jan 07, 2011
- YouTube footage shows panic over US theatre killings - Jul 20, 2012
- Pattinson says that Twilight birth scene is 'hardcore' - Jul 22, 2011
- Breaking Dawn Birth Scene Will Be Very Intense - Sep 03, 2010
- Producer Reveals Storyline Of ‘Breaking Dawn’ - Jan 08, 2011
- "Captain America" Trailer Makes Its Debut During Super Bowl - Feb 07, 2011
- Women faint after watching Boyle's '127 Hours' - Jan 13, 2011
- "Dhobi Ghat" Hits Theaters Today - Jan 21, 2011
- 'The Help' is on top of the US Box Office - Sep 06, 2011
- Farah Khan's 'Tees Maar Khan' Releases, Receives Scathing Reviews - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: breaking dawn, dr michael, epilepsy, flashing, gephart, kelly bauman, light switch, medical director, movie goer, news reports, paramedics, pediatric neurology, photosensitive epilepsy, precaution, scientists, seizures, strobe light, sutter, theaters, twilight