TV’s popularity attracts movie actors: Vipul ShahMay 16th, 2012 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Filmmaker Vipul Amrutlal Shah, who started his career with television show “Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka”, says TV has become such a popular medium that it is attracting film stars in a big way.
“Television is becoming bigger and bigger and one cannot ignore the fact that it is completely a family medium. Everyone sits and watches their favourite show together. The increasing popularity of the medium is the reason why people from silver screen are coming on TV,” Shah told IANS.
Shah, known for directing “Waqt: The Race Against Time” and “Namastey London” and producing “Singh Is Kinng, is making a comeback on the small screen with the new show “Bhai Bhaiya Brother” as a producer.
He was here at the launch of the show along with co-producer Deven Bhojani and the cast.
Deven, popular for his role of Gattu in “Baa Bahoo Aur Baby”, says he is happy about producing the show and is satisfied with the work he has done.
“It would be great to work with my friend Vipul. I thought I don’t fit into any of the roles in the show so I am not acting in the show. I have done quite a lot of roles and I am satisfied but I will definitely continue acting maybe in some other show,” Deven told IANS. He had directed popular sitcom “Sarabhai vs Sarabhai” in 2005.
“Bhai Bhaiya Brother” is a story of three brothers who after staying separately for 15 years decide to reunite and stay together as a joint family with their wives and children.
The cast includes actors Sooraj Thapar, Chirag Vohra, Vrajesh Hirjee, Dimple Shah, Shweta Choudhary, Muskan Mihani and Swati Chitnis in key roles.
Directed by Rajan Wagdhare, the show goes on air June 4 on Sab TV.
- Daily soaps have become a habit: Deven Bhojani - Jun 24, 2012
- Bollywood biggies walk the TV talk - Jun 02, 2012
- 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' won't come back: Deven Bhojani - May 16, 2012
- J.D Majethia, Deven Bhojani: Why Are They Not Game For Reality Shows On The Small Screen? - Jan 22, 2011
- Regional flavours on tube; Gujarati shows dominate - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Office Office' takes a leap, goes to big screen - Jun 24, 2011
- SAB TV Ready To Welcome Mrs. Tendulkar! - Dec 29, 2010
- Plagued by problems, 'Baa Bahu Aur Baby' goes off air - Feb 14, 2010
- Numerological reasons for extra 'Y' in 'Action Replayy': Vipul Shah - Sep 09, 2010
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Action Replayy' in Mumbai - Oct 10, 2010
- Ideas about item numbers have not changed: Aruna Irani - Aug 19, 2012
- Watch out for mixed bag of movies this week (IANS Preview) - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Don't worry Chachu' shifts focus to male protagonist - Sep 22, 2011
- Vaani Sharma to play lead in SAB show - Mar 18, 2010
- Akshay in love with Marathi plays - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: aur, baa bahoo aur baby, brother, film stars, launch, movie actors, namastey london, New Delhi, popularity, race against time, rajan, sarabhai vs sarabhai, silver screen, sitcom, television show, vohra