TV stars dazzle at Zee Rishtey AwardsNovember 27th, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 27 (IANS) A procession of TV stars led by an elephant, an aerial act and some colourful, energetic performances left the audience in awe at the Zee Rishtey Awards here.
The Andheri Sports Complex Saturday night was full of TV buffs, who came dressed in best of their fineries to watch their favourite small screen stars live.
Hiten Tejwani, Ankita Lokhande, Rubina Dilaik, Jai Bhanushali, Mahii Vij, Alok Nath, Aruna Irani, Ketaki Dave and Vibha Chhibber, among other actors from the channel’s popular shows “Pavitra Rishta”, “Choti Bahu”, “Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli”, “Ram Milayee Jodi”, “Mrs.Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuyien”, “Hitler Didi” and “Shobha Somnath Ki” were present at the event.
The stars made a unique entry via a procession - the cast of each show entered separately atop either a car or rickshaw and waved at their fans.
Hosted by Mona Singh, the awards ceremony also saw an aerial act by former participants and winners of the channel’s flagship dance reality show “Dance India Dance” like Shakti, a grand skit by the cast of “Shobha Somnath Ki” and a performance on a medley of songs by the young actors of different shows.
A one minute silence was observed by everyone in remembrance of the victims of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
The show was also attended by Urmila Matondkar, Shiney Ahuja, Sayali Bhagat and singer Bappi Lahiri, who enthralled the audience with a stanza of his latest chartbuster “Ooh la la” from “The Dirty Picture”.
The awards will be aired on Zee TV at a later date and winners will be revealed than only.
- Curtains down on 'Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli' - Jul 10, 2012
- Aditya Narayan croons four songs in debut film 'Shapit' - Feb 23, 2010
- Marathi Bas Zala - Aug 24, 2010
- Zee TV To Celebrate Independence Day In Simple Way - Aug 11, 2010
- Mahii Vij an Egyptian princess in past life? (TV Snippets) - Dec 23, 2010
- ‘India Ne Banadi Jodi’ To Be Aired On Sony TV On 2nd January - Dec 30, 2010
- Zee Rishtey Awards 2010 – A Sneak Peek Into The Grand Evening - Dec 18, 2010
- Image trap doesn't bother Karan Grover (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- After 'Jhansi...', Zee TV brings another story of valour (With Images) - Jun 03, 2011
- Star Plus Zooms Ahead With 443 GRPs - Jun 24, 2010
- Kratika Sengar performs Bharatnatyam on 'Pavitra Rishta' - Sep 21, 2012
- Manish Paul's forte - making sense out of nonsense (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Karan Grover becomes fitness freak (TV Snippets) - Mar 31, 2011
- Zee TV gets new aqua logo, to focus on women - Jun 20, 2011
- Television Follows Bollywood Path, Explores Out Of Mumbai - Dec 22, 2010
Tags: aerial act, alok nath, aruna irani, bappi lahiri, chartbuster, chhibber, choti, energetic performances, ghar ghar, jai bhanushali, medley of songs, minute silence, mona singh, sayali bhagat, screen stars, shobha, show dance, somnath, urmila matondkar, young actors