TV shows encourage artist development: Kelly ClarksonJanuary 1st, 2012 - 9:27 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 1 (IANS) Singer Kelly Clarkson, who won “American Idol” in 2002 believes TV talent shows encourage new talent.
“There’s no money in music now, so if an artist comes in and they don’t hit it right away then that’s it. So, there’s not really artist development in that,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
“But with talent shows, whether it be ‘X-Factor’, ‘American Idol’ or ‘Pop Idol’ or ‘The Voice’, you’re learning from the judges, and the mentors and yourself every week, so I think it’s just another form of artist development, in a contemporary way,” she said.
- Kelly Clarkson to judge talent show 'Duets' - Mar 09, 2012
- Better judge than host: Nicole Scherzinger - Jun 30, 2011
- Kelly Rowland quits 'The X-Factor' - May 01, 2012
- Carey, highest paid judge! - Jul 25, 2012
- Paula Abdul and boyfriend Jeff Bratton split - Jan 09, 2012
- Snoop Dogg turns down 'X Factor' - Apr 05, 2011
- Mariah Carey to join 'X Factor'? - Aug 08, 2011
- Sarah Palin slams 'American Idol' in soon to be released book - Nov 18, 2010
- Ellen DeGeneres: X Factor Cast Stars - Sep 29, 2011
- Reality shows now a commercial ball game: Shreya Ghoshal - Jun 06, 2011
- Kara DioGuardi to judge reality show 'Going Platinum' on Bravo - Oct 28, 2010
- Moss planning an 'X Factor' theme party - Sep 24, 2011
- When Clarkson hit rock bottom - Oct 16, 2011
- Crystal Bowersox Performs "UP To The Mountain", Leaves Judges Spellbound - May 26, 2010
- Kelly Clarkson performs on Ellen DeGeneres show - Apr 09, 2011