TV actress Shilpa Shinde irks producer by her commentsJuly 23rd, 2008 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 23 (IANS) Television actress Shilpa Shinde of “Maayka” fame is in trouble again - she has irked a producer by quitting his soon-to-be-aired reality show “Saas Vs Bahu”, saying that she didn’t like the concept. Siddharth Tewary, the producer of the show, was taken aback by her comments.
“I was surprised by her comment in the interview. She directly hit at our creative content by saying that she did not like it,” Tewary, who produced serials like “Mata Ki Chowki” for Sahara One and “Amber Dhara” for Sony, told IANS.
“I am utterly disappointed by her comment and her sudden decision to quit. It is so unprofessional. How can she say so, when more than 100 celebrities from films and television are going to be part of the show,” he added.
Shilpa’s departure is creating problems for Shoma Anand, with whom she was paired in the reality show. Both feature in Zee TV’s “Maayka”.
“A senior actor like Shoma Anand agreed to be part of the show with Shilpa, but now she has backed out and Shomaji is left alone. It is such an embarrassing situation. But we will definitely find a partner for her as the format of the show demands a ’saas’ and a ‘bahu’ paired together from a popular television serial.”
The serial will go on air some time in August on Sahara One and will have all the major actors who play “saas” and “bahus” in various popular television serials.
Shilpa defended herself saying: “When I was approached for it, I made it very clear to them that the concept doesn’t sound interesting to me, but I would think over it. Earlier, I thought of doing it because it was at least different from playing a weepy daughter-in-law.”
About Shoma Anand, she said: “Yes, she is a bit upset with me. Now the production house is looking for another girl who can replace me and participate with Shomaji. I want her to participate in this show and do well.”
It is not the first time that Shilpa is being surrounded by controversies. A month back, director Rakesh Chaudhury had filed a case against the actress for her “unprofessional behaviour”. Chaudhury, however, lost the case.
Shilpa also had strained relations with her “Maayka” co-star Neha Bamb and the duo had scuffled on several occasions.
Shilpa has acted in various serials like “Sanjeevani”, “Bhabhi” and “Amrapali”.
- No saas-bahu dramas for me: Rati Pandey (With Images) - Jan 02, 2012
- Vibha Anand quits 'Balika Vadhu' - Dec 29, 2010
- Reality shows thrive on emotions: Apurv Agnihotri - Jun 03, 2012
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- I want to stay away from saas-bahu sagas: TV actress Smita - Mar 20, 2011
- TV excellent medium for writers: Kamlesh Pandey (Interview) - Oct 04, 2011
- No More Saas, Only A Unique Sasural On Sony Entertainment Television - Oct 18, 2010
- I just accept the best options: Narayani Shastri (With Images) - Apr 09, 2012
- Mandira Bedi Is Happy Hosting Shows, Not Interested In Daily Soaps - Jul 22, 2010
- Sequel fever hits small screen - Feb 26, 2011
- TRPs blamed for social messages going awry on TV - May 25, 2012
- Middle-aged men rule the roost on television - Jan 09, 2012
- "Everything for the first time"- Mihika Verma - Apr 10, 2010
- SAB TV Goes The Magical Way! - Dec 09, 2010
- Actors live on edge, it's scary: Rajesh Khera - Jan 06, 2012
Tags: actors, amber dhara, ba, celebrities, chowki, controversies, creative content, fame, films, reality show, sahara one, shilpa shinde, shoma anand, sony, sudden decision, television actress, television serials, tv actress, zee tv