TV actor Rajiv Paul pens book, thanks Juhi Chawal for supportJanuary 30th, 2012 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai Jan 30, (IANS) Television actor Rajiv Paul has turned author with “Mumbai, Mohabbat aur Tanhayi”, a collection of Hindi poems, and thanks his friend and actress Juhi Chawla for her support and encouragement.
Juhi will launch the book Tuesday.
“The poetry is in Hindi and the book is called ‘Mumbai, Mohabbat Aur Tanhayi’. I have been into writing poems for around 10-15 years. Juhi is a dear friend. When I said, I am writing serious poem and I want you to come and see it. She came and read the poems and she liked it and this is how it all began,” Rajiv, who featured in the popular soap “Swabhimaan”, told IANS.
“I want Juhi Chawla to read out the ‘Mohabbat’ part tomorrow during the launch,” he added the actor.
Rajeev, who also played Deven Garg in “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki”, feels the book would have not been possible had he not got enough support from Juhi. He says he owes her a big Thank You.
Rajeev said: “I owe a big Thank You to Juhi. I will never say it’s my book. It’s our book. I am blessed to have a wonderful friend like Juhi.”
Juhi was taken aback when she read Rajiv’s poems and felt it need to be published.
“I have known Rajiv for quite some time now. I have never worked him, but I know him casually. Two years ago Rajiv came up to me with a book on poetry. I said if I like it then I will take it forward. I was pleasantly surprised when I read his poem. Eventually we are releasing it tomorrow,” Juhi Chawla told to IANS.
- Juhi Chawla stunned with Rajev's writing stint - Jan 22, 2012
- Poet-TV persona Pritish Nandy experiments with 140-character poetry (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Diplomatic poetic literature: A growing creativity - Jul 27, 2012
- Pritish Nandy returns to poetry, in 'Again' - May 28, 2010
- Achint Kaur to play queen in 'Jhansi Ki Rani' - Dec 18, 2010
- Haryana bureaucrats have new turn-on -- poetry, books! - Jan 17, 2012
- I want Gulzar saab to write poems for me: Katrina - Jan 28, 2011
- Rinku Karmakar prefers drama over comic roles - Aug 21, 2012
- Biel, Farrell bonded over poetry - Sep 06, 2012
- Taking poetry to India's young readers - with Kamala Das - Apr 03, 2012
- Shah Rukh denies tiff with Juhi - Feb 14, 2012
- Gulzar explains difference between poems and lyrics - Jan 29, 2011
- Music, calligraphy, poetry in Vikram Seth's new work - Mar 17, 2012
- Theatre re-invented to celebrate Gulzar's legacy (With Images) - Jun 20, 2012
- Urdu poetry blurs borders at Shankar-Shad 'mushaira' - Mar 24, 2012
Tags: actress, aur, chawal, dear friend, encouragement, garg, ghar ghar, hindi poems, juhi chawla, kahaani ghar ghar ki, launch, pens, poem, quite some time, rajeev, rajiv, soap, television actor, tv actor, writing poems